Auto repair aircraft

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

jonathan12341234
Language Admin

Auto repair aircraft

Post by jonathan12341234 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:53 pm

Hi!
I thought that it would might be possible to make an "auto repair aircraft(s)" feature.
In real life I do not think the CEO of an airline has to check every plane get repaired :lol:
Maybe you could be able to choose something like "repair after x number of flights or repair if status is below xxx%".
Do you guys like the idea, and would it be possible to make?

Happy Flights
Jonathan

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Re: Auto repair aircraft

Post by Brian Peace » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:34 pm

Good idea.
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

lexarne
Captain

Post by lexarne » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:23 am

I like the idea but in real airlines dont they have Maintenance managers who make sure each aircraft gets the correct amount of maintanance .... so my point is for our VA's shouldn't we have a person who makes sure each plane is in a good condition like in real life..

jonathan12341234
Language Admin

Post by jonathan12341234 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:28 am

Yeah I see what you mean, but for a small va like ours, it would be a lot of work if we both have to control of routes, fleet, maintainence, pilots etc. etc.
Well..maybe you could hire a "virtual maintainence manager"..I don't really think a lot of people want to join a VA just to be in control of maintainence.
The VA could pay a little extra, and then the planes would get repaired automaticly.
..don't know if you like it, just an idea that would make my life easyer ;)

Happy Flights
Jonathan

lexarne
Captain

Post by lexarne » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:34 am

I would help me if i had a few more pilots but at the moment i only fly some of my aeroplanes the others are leased so it is only a job taking 5 minutes to send my planes of to maintanence...although for your airline i see what you mean because it would benefit you alot as you have more planes...

AdmiralRolfe
Captain

Post by AdmiralRolfe » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:21 pm

I don't know, it seems easy enough to simply maintain the aircraft yourself. After all, you don't have 1144 aircrafts (the number Delta has) that perform multiple flights a day with maintainence required every week. For the purpose of saving development time, I would think this isn't a high priority, expecially since 80% of the aircrafts in FS are flown like once a month or less.
ImageImage

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:14 pm

I send all my aircraft that I've flown during the month in for maintnence on the 30th of the month, most of them don't get flown that often either.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

jonathan12341234
Language Admin

Post by jonathan12341234 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:15 pm

Indeed you are right, this is not very important, but this is the forum for new features and ideas, so it's in here anyway :wink:

Happy Flights
Jonathan

Vjacheslav
Flight Attendant

Post by Vjacheslav » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:44 am

I against any automation of processes in FSA

If at CEO there is no time to watch a condition of planes of the company, it is better to give these duties to one of workers of the company, than server FSA :)

lexarne
Captain

Post by lexarne » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:14 pm

Well i can sort of see where this is going so if it does ever get put into the website there should be an option on the VA fleet page for auto Maintanence....

ianonline
Ticket Agent

Post by ianonline » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:46 am

Hi i'm sorry for resurrecting this not so old thread, I'd like to have an option to auto PLACE ON HOLD, or auto disable for booking the aircraft in advance.. I'm not asking for auto repair, but i'm only asking for an option to allow us to "mark" an aircraft for repair so that when it lands it will now be automatically put on hold and wont be rebookable unless released from hold.

My situation, i have an aircraft that is at 97% , i wanted it repaired not in any airport but in one of my hub to save cost, i have been monitoring this plane to land in RPLL, it did but i was asleep that time, the next morning its already back in KSFO.

Would love to see an option to Place on Hold an aircraft once it landed to a specific airport, or if it's difficult to program, just PLACE ON HOLD on the next landing.

Problem I have without auto PLACE ON HOLD

1. I inform pilot A to return the aircraft to the hub for the repair.
2. Pilot A comply and returned the aircraft.
3. It was night time so i slept, and the next thing i knew PILOT B booked the plane and flew it somewhere

thank you
Ian Campomanes
CEO - Philippines Virtual Airlines Group