Ability as CEO to unbook flights

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Ability as CEO to unbook flights

Post by Brian Peace » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:01 pm

Ability as CEO to unbook another pilots flight.

Reason. I have a guy booked to fly a 744 I have been messaging him about. If he flies the flight it's booked on and then one more it will go from an a-check to a b-check. (6 million or 47 million, BIG difference)

what I'd like to see, is the ability as a CEO, to "yank" an aircraft from a booking... or cancel a flight a pilot has made.

Your thoughts? :D
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

Vjacheslav
Flight Attendant

Re: Ability as CEO to unbook flights

Post by Vjacheslav » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:29 pm

Additional possibilities for CEO it is good! ;)

Still it would be desirable to have possibility for CEO to see pre-flight documents of other pilots (Briefing Document)

AdmiralRolfe
Captain

Post by AdmiralRolfe » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:56 pm

Seems reasonable, although a CEO intervention should mean the entire airline has to pay a fee to angry customers (unlike only the pilot taking a hit if he unbooks a flight).
ImageImage

conmanflyer

Post by conmanflyer » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:25 am

you should be able 2 dock pay from the pilot for the de-booking fees.... theres an idea!

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:45 pm

Hi,

CEO's already have the facility to ground a pilot but I'm not sure what happens if a pilot already has a flight booked. It may need a Client update so the Client checks the pilot status before allowing a pilot to 'Fly' to take into account a pilot who has a flight already booked. No need to cancel the booking as such as that will just expire after 24 hours and be charged to the pilot as normal. One for the dev's to look at.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:01 pm

any news on this? one of my pilots is about to fly an aircraft from a 5 million maint to a 45 million maintenence and all I can do is watch, send messages via every source I have available to me, and HOPE.... instead of having the ability to "unbook" him. Would be nice to be able to have some kind of feature were planes got "grounded" for maintence at a certain level as set by the CEO.... or the ability to unbook flights... one or the other. This sucks for a 25x va. If he flies that flight it takes a week to two weeks revenue away, just becuase of a simple mistake.
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

ukd113
Ticket Agent

Post by ukd113 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:55 am

I don't know why your pilots are taking out planes that are close to there repair but I do a lot of cargo flights with B744 and MD-11 and when a plane gets to around 97.5% I get it in maintenance myself, but there is always a 100% waiting to take out so never short for a next booking ( 1 x 744F and 2 x MD11F.)
So is the pilot not well informed or there are not enough planes he can use if he wants to fly.

Last but not least are there any problems between pilot and CEO.

I hate the rule where a CEO can ground a pilot how far can you go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gr Ruud
Image Image

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:02 am

ukd113 wrote:I don't know why your pilots are taking out planes that are close to there repair but I do a lot of cargo flights with B744 and MD-11 and when a plane gets to around 97.5% I get it in maintenance myself, but there is always a 100% waiting to take out so never short for a next booking ( 1 x 744F and 2 x MD11F.)
So is the pilot not well informed or there are not enough planes he can use if he wants to fly.

Last but not least are there any problems between pilot and CEO.

I hate the rule where a CEO can ground a pilot how far can you go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gr Ruud
we own over 240 aircraft. lack of planes isnt the problem.

as a 25x multiplier airline, if we put planes in maint at 97.5% we'd never m,ake a dime. We have to use them down to about 96%...

I ask for some tools for CEO's to properly manage their VA... not for all the power in the world. Your input wasn't really neccesary.
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

Davidc437
Ticket Agent

Post by Davidc437 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:44 pm

I too would like this feature to be implemented, a few weeks back, one of our 744's got hit by a system error which made the status go from 100%>64%, at which point a pilot had booked it, and I knew that there would be 99% chance of a failure on the flight, so thankfully I managed to get in contact, but when we can't get in contact. This would be a great feature.

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:17 pm

Quantum wrote:Hi,

CEO's already have the facility to ground a pilot but I'm not sure what happens if a pilot already has a flight booked. It may need a Client update so the Client checks the pilot status before allowing a pilot to 'Fly' to take into account a pilot who has a flight already booked. No need to cancel the booking as such as that will just expire after 24 hours and be charged to the pilot as normal. One for the dev's to look at.

Regards

John
the flight stays booked after the pilot is grounded, just so you know. That would be the best way, maybe code in that once a pilot is "grounded" his flight becomes "unbooked" immediately. For the rest of the folks compaining about CEO's having too much power... uhh... we have to manage an airline!!!!! Severe financial problems are at stake for 25x multiplier airlines with even one small mistake on a pilots part. Education of the issues within the airline can only do so much sometimes.
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB