Idea for a/c failures

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

MadJosch
Flight Attendant

Idea for a/c failures

Post by MadJosch » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:48 pm

Today I encountered my first system failure since I fly with FSAirlines. The left engine caught fire.
Ok this was a quite obvious failure, so I wondered if I missed some before?
Here's my idea: you could list the failures in the flight report summary that where caused by the client and - if it's possible - the countermeasures taken.
That would give a feedback what exactly happened and what the pilot did to solve the problem.

MadJosch
Flight Attendant

Re: Idea for a/c failures

Post by MadJosch » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:58 pm

A little addition to above:

First of all, I find it very good that the client now gives a text message in the FS that a failure just occurred. BUT it would be better to log these message in the flight report of the client too (there where the penaltys are listed). So the pilot and others can see afterwards that on this flight something unexpected happened.
And is it possible to trigger some of the FS built-in failures? I mean not only the critical ones like gear stuck or engine on fire. Just a simple instrument failure for example. Another idea is loss of oil etc etc etc. The FS has numerous already available faults.

According to the "importance" of the malfunctioning system and how the flight ended others can judge how well the pilot performed in that situation.

cpgop
Ticket Agent

Post by cpgop » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:48 pm

you could leave a notice in the comment, so I normaly say as a flight comment "nice flight" but if any thing happends, sutch as a failiure I leave a notice under the comment.

Alaskan Flyboy
Ticket Agent

Post by Alaskan Flyboy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:53 pm

I haven't flown long enough to encounter a failure in FSA yet, but you mentioned a message displayed in the flight sim. Is this always the case for all failures, or just the ones that aren't quite something FS can simulate well (such as fires)? If it's always displayed, is there an option to turn it off?

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:35 am

I for one am against having failures built into the program,reason, i have just started flying the Rick Piper HS748 again after a long break from it,on the first flight i could not get the gear to raise,even using CNTL+G which is the manual way to raise the gear.I had to download the aircraft again to get it to work,so how am i supposed to know if it is a faulty download or a client induced failure,it is very easy to miss a message flashing across the screen while you are busy trying to get your aircraft to function how it is supposed to.
If failures are to be introduced could it be only for pourly maintained aircraft,say below 80%.At least then i can be sure it is not a fault of the aircraft download. :roll:
Yours Stan

Alaskan Flyboy
Ticket Agent

Post by Alaskan Flyboy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:46 am

Stan wrote:I for one am against having failures built into the program,reason, i have just started flying the Rick Piper HS748 again after a long break from it,on the first flight i could not get the gear to raise,even using CNTL+G which is the manual way to raise the gear.I had to download the aircraft again to get it to work,so how am i supposed to know if it is a faulty download or a client induced failure,it is very easy to miss a message flashing across the screen while you are busy trying to get your aircraft to function how it is supposed to.
If failures are to be introduced could it be only for pourly maintained aircraft,say below 80%.At least then i can be sure it is not a fault of the aircraft download. :roll:
I would normally fly the aircraft without the FS Airlines client if I were testing a new install of an aircraft just to make sure everything was ok. CTRL-G also does not normally raise the gear, but rather lowers it and once down is locked in place.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:57 am

Well that explains why i could not get the gear up.Thanks. :lol: Actually about half way thru the flight i gave up incase i could not get it down again. :oops:
Yours Stan

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:58 am

you have to hit G first then you can use ctrl+G to manually lower the gear. but like alaskan said, you cant manually raise it :lol:
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:46 pm

Hi Guys,

Make sure sim messages are turned on in your client options. If you get a client induced failure you will get an accompanying sim message from the client. If you get a failure but no sim message then it is not client related.

Turning on sim messages is a good idea especially now that the annoying climb/cruise/descend messages were removed several client updates ago.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Alaskan Flyboy
Ticket Agent

Post by Alaskan Flyboy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:47 pm

Quantum wrote:Hi Guys,

Make sure sim messages are turned on in your client options. If you get a client induced failure you will get an accompanying sim message from the client. If you get a failure but no sim message then it is not client related.

Turning on sim messages is a good idea especially now that the annoying climb/cruise/descend messages were removed several client updates ago.

Regards

John
I was actually more curious in turning off such messages as being told something failed isn't as realistic to me. I didn't know if there was an option somewhere.

MadJosch
Flight Attendant

Post by MadJosch » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:33 pm

Thats why I ask to log it in the flight report. Because if you missed the message (or if there are no messages) you might not even realize that there WAS a problem with your aircraft.
I nearly missed such a message because I just turned COM to ATIS and the ATIS text message appeared shortly after the the failure message causig it to be overwritten on the screen.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:29 pm

Well,i for one didn,t have text messages turned on,cause i didn,t know what it was for.Thanks John. :lol:
Yours Stan