Pax seats number change - possible?

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Independance
Ticket Agent

Pax seats number change - possible?

Post by Independance » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:55 pm

Hi

Just wonder if it would be possible to add to database aircrafts with different pax seats number.

Maybe not for all airplanes, but just for most common. It can be restricted to just two versions - standard two class as it is now and another one charter/LCC :?:

It wouldn't add much problems to database and would help to overcome that problem with client, at least for some time.

Regards
Tomasz

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Re: Pax seats number change - possible?

Post by Quantum » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:50 am

Hi,

There is currently some discussion between the developers and admins to allow VA's to operate aircraft of the same type with alternative seating capacities. At this moment in time we will not be adding aircraft of the same type to the database to give variations of seating capacity.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Independance
Ticket Agent

Post by Independance » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:38 pm

Quantum wrote:There is currently some discussion between the developers and admins to allow VA's to operate aircraft of the same type with alternative seating capacities.
At least that's good.
Quantum wrote: At this moment in time we will not be adding aircraft of the same type to the database to give variations of seating capacity.
I thought so, but had to ask :mrgreen:

BTW John
I submitted support ticket. Possible to get on with that one too.

Regards
Tomasz

jch5pilot
Ticket Agent

Post by jch5pilot » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:19 pm

Hello,

Just an idea that popped into my head. What if you could allow the users to change the number of seats on their aircraft in the aircraft information page, in the same way that we can change the aircraft registration? You could then just assign a certain range to each aircraft, for example on the A320 you could allow a range between 150-180.

This way the users can have the configuration they want on their aircraft while staying realistic, but the main point of this idea is that the admins would not have to add 'duplicate' aircraft to the database - unless I am mistaken.

I know this idea of class configurations has been discussed to death but I'm just trying to think of different methods it could be implemented with to reduce the programmers workload.

James

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:34 pm

Hi,

You can already reduce the maximum number of passengers in the flightplan. The matter of maximum seating capacities is being discussed with the developers.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

erv
Ticket Agent

Post by erv » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:00 pm

Now, some ten months later ;) , have there been any conclusion to this discussion?

The real counterpart to our VA uses 733's with 149 seats while in FSA you can have only 128.

Motomad1
Flight Attendant

Post by Motomad1 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:42 am

erv wrote:Now, some ten months later ;) , have there been any conclusion to this discussion?
Yes i have been waiting for this to happen since i joined FSA lol. Wonder how much longer it will be :?:
ImageImage

Flightguy123
Flight Attendant

Post by Flightguy123 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:43 pm

I would have to agree to, on real world airlines the planes have more of a PAX capacity. :)

conmanflyer

Post by conmanflyer » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:32 am

it would be cool if we could buy different seating arrangments from the the [company] at first purchase... then if we wanted to change we would go into the aircraft page and request a preset arrangment of seats.

erv
Ticket Agent

Post by erv » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:29 am

conmanflyer wrote:it would be cool if we could buy different seating arrangments from the the [company] at first purchase... then if we wanted to change we would go into the aircraft page and request a preset arrangment of seats.
... for a certain amount of money of course. And that would just add some little more realism IMHO :)

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:17 am

We have talked about allowing allowing airlines to swap out some number of economy seats for business class or first class, but the net effect on income would be same. Until we work out a better formula for determining how many passangers want to fly on a flight, I don't see much point in starting on this.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Alaskan Flyboy
Ticket Agent

Post by Alaskan Flyboy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:18 pm

I like the cabin configurations idea that's being bounced around, but as Joe stated, without a system to gauge demand for the varying classes, it would be more of a novelty. I'd personally like to see it come in along with a system to deal with first-class, business-class, and cattle-class passengers and varying their varying ticket prices.

Though I do wonder how combi's would be addressed in such a system. I know the 737-200QC used pallets with the seats mounted in them.

conmanflyer

Post by conmanflyer » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:42 am

just make the switch faster for Combi aircraft

Alaskan Flyboy
Ticket Agent

Post by Alaskan Flyboy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:49 am

conmanflyer wrote:just make the switch faster for Combi aircraft
Faster and cheaper since there was less labor, but I guess my main thought was that a change in pax configuration with combis also creates a change in cargo capacity.