On-Time Rating

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Vjacheslav
Flight Attendant

On-Time Rating

Post by Vjacheslav » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:18 pm

I wish to offer idea about introduction on-time rating for the companies. Proceeding from the data in Reliability Report this rating would give representation about that how much the company in time carries out flights and as such rating would stimulate the companies to creation of more exact schedule. Further this rating could influence reputation of the company...

Thanks

vaccaro
Captain

Re: On-Time Rating

Post by vaccaro » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:41 pm

Idea is nice but I think it has some problem.
Once you land you can change the time accordingly from timetable.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:43 pm

Hi,

I don't think this is necessary and would cause problems elsewhere. Many VA's have flightplans which are utilised by multiple aircraft types with dissimilar speeds. Other VA's operate using virtual ATC organisations and wouldn't necessaily be given on time clearances for departures. An un-necessary complication in my opinion.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

jch5pilot
Ticket Agent

Post by jch5pilot » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:21 pm

Hello,

I think it could be a good idea, my only concern is whether it would be difficult to implement on the programming side.
Many VA's have flightplans which are utilised by multiple aircraft types with dissimilar speeds. Other VA's operate using virtual ATC organisations and wouldn't necessaily be given on time clearances for departures.
The simple answer there would be to just create another flight plan for the much slower/faster aircraft. I doubt they would regularly schedule times for a flight based on a much faster/slower aircraft in the real world - without recieving a number of complaints in any case from both the passengers and airports.
Idea is nice but I think it has some problem. Once you land you can change the time accordingly from timetable
Lets face it, if people want to cheat the system then fine. They will just be getting less enjoyment out of it.
Other VA's operate using virtual ATC organisations and wouldn't necessaily be given on time clearances for departures
Coming back to this point, a lot of airports allocate slots to airlines, which the airlines can request or buy etc to meet their schedule as close as possible. It may work differently in other parts of the world, but quite a few airports in Europe actually charge airlines if they regularly arrive earlier than 15 minutes ahead of their arrival slot, then subsequently depart early, as it is looked on as abusing their slot times.

Also, while you may be delayed by ATC on the rare occasion on Vatsim or whatever you use, it does not happen frequently. IF it does happen frequently, then you should take this into account on that particular scheduled route, just as real airlines do if they know to expect significantly longer taxy times etc at different times of the day.

My suggestion would be that if anything is implemented, perhaps keep it simple in the sense that any flight with a distance of 1000nm or under gets a reduced bonus if they arrive +/- 20 minutes of the schedule. Above 1000nm, perhaps increase it to +/- an hour or something, which is probably too generous but you get the idea.

I don't want to come across as being rude, I was just thinking of work arounds for the 'complications' people mentioned above. :D

Happy flying!

Brendanair
Ticket Agent

Post by Brendanair » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:08 pm

I'm wondering if the times that we input to the schedule have any bearing on whether a flight gets accepted by the system. Like, a short "reposition" flight that takes twice as long due to holding/delay vectors?

PCD001
Flight Attendant

Post by PCD001 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:34 pm

I think this would be a nice enhancement.
Provided it was not too strict, it could easily be incorporated into VA's running running different a/c on the same route, and to VA's flying on VATSIM & IVAO.

We could perhaps have a +/- 20 minute window for departures and arrival for all flights under say 3 hours and a +/- 40 minute arrival window for flights over 3 hours. I'm sure that with a 40 minute departure slot and a maximum of a 1 hour 20 minute arrival window, it should not prove too difficult.

Not too sure about it affecting reputation though, maybe a 10% income bonus ?

If nothing, it will get pilots to pay attention the the times of the flight they have booked. More than half the flights on the previous Flynet system, did not bear any relationship to the flight times they had booked. Not checked FSAirlines, but I'm sure there are a fair few.

Cheers now
Bob
----
The "New" Cheap Fuel Operator . & . 'T' Tail Fan !!

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:24 pm

Bonuses for "on time" rather than penalties for not being on time would be the way to go. That way, anyone just wishing to fly when they want would be able to, and those wishing to fly exact times could do so and recieve a nice bonus if they succeed :D

Good idea all around..
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/