Adjustable Seating

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Falk273
Ticket Agent

Adjustable Seating

Post by Falk273 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:44 am

I've got an idea...

Currently FSA works out a base ticket price, eg. Johannesburg to Frankfurt is v$485.

In real life you'll be very, very lucky to get a ticket that cheap, even in cattle class.

I propose:

Allow operators to adjust the seating layout on their aircraft. For example, a business class seat would cost 1.5x as much as a normal "ticket", and first class 4x as much as a normal ticket. To prevent companies stuffing 416 first class seats into a B747-400, each business class seat would take up 1.5 normal seats and every first class seat 4 normal seats, for example.

I feel this will not only allow carriers to experiment with different layouts, but it can add an interessting new dimension to FSA.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Adjustable Seating

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:19 pm

It's been discussed multiple times and if you look at the "To Do" list in the "Tips & Tricks" forum, it's still on the list. It's a very complex item to impliment without causing chaos in the database and having massive inflation of the database (because seating can no longer reside with the aircaft type data, it now would have to be recorded for every aircraft).

This is a very low priority issue because of that complexity. Once the major features and issues are working pretty much flawlessly, I'm sure Konrad or Joe will tackle it.

dgor
Flight Attendant

Re: Adjustable Seating

Post by dgor » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:40 pm

Falk,

I find it helps to think of the ticket price you assign to your route as an "average" ticket price, that is the average price per passenger with first- and economy-class taken into account :)

Dave
Regards,
Dave