we whant a ANTONOV225

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

NXC-ghost-nl
Ticket Agent

we whant a ANTONOV225

Post by NXC-ghost-nl » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:53 pm

i have tried to uplaod and add a antonov225 and can enter it cause it says nmbr of engines invalid
this has been used in civiel flight so it must be possible
who whants it to just reply and when enough peps reply FSairlines maybe put it in the page so we can fly it

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: we whant a ANTONOV225

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:45 pm

You will never get an AN-225. The aircraft is not certified for civil use nor is in civil production. The only aircraft flying is being flown under a restricted government certificate.

NXC-ghost-nl
Ticket Agent

Post by NXC-ghost-nl » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:49 pm

damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:03 am

This has been our policy since the network started. Unfortunately the old Beta forum is closed off so you can't see it anymore, but we were very specific on certain aircraft not being allowed due to the nature of their operations (i.e. large military transports not in civilian use, one-off aircraft like the AN-225, etc.) where in the real world there are factors that make them a tough proposition to operate commercially that don't exist here and which give the aircraft an unfair ability to make revenue over other aircraft, something we don't want to see.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:19 am

CAPFlyer wrote:You will never get an AN-225. The aircraft is not certified for civil use nor is in civil production. The only aircraft flying is being flown under a restricted government certificate.
CAPFlyer wrote:(i.e. large military transports not in civilian use, one-off aircraft like the AN-225, etc.) where in the real world there are factors that make them a tough proposition to operate commercially that don't exist here and which give the aircraft an unfair ability to make revenue over other aircraft, something we don't want to see.

i see what your saying and agree that it shouldnt be added because like you said, the factors for its use in RW are defferent from others, but beside that, couldnt of it been added?

it is operated by a civil company, antonov Airlines. while it was designed for military use, it is being used commercially... it just so happens that Antonov Airlines gets most of the contracts from governments for its use, but it has seen "normal" cargo loads.
The sole Antonov An-225 was modified to comply with ICAO standards during its refurbishment for commercial use, with TCAS, new navigation and communications systems. The passenger deck above the cargo hold was refurbished, while a new ventilation and lighting system was also installed. In order to comply with Chapter 3/Stage 3 noise legislation the aircraft’s D-18T turbofans were equipped with a hushkit
so wouldnt that make it a civilian use aircraft? its not like its being operated by the military...

its also not a 1 frame plane, 2 have been built with the second being completed later this year. the plane was booked solid so they needed another, so there must of been a great enough demand for another to be finished. so its a 2 off aircraft! nowhere have i seen that two plane series cant be added :lol: :lol: :lol:

im sort of curious now, how much more it is to ship stuff on the 225 compared to the normal (guessing for that type of cargo) shipping method...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:00 am

There are several issues here -

While it complies with ICAO regs, it is still certified as a "public use" aircraft (i.e. without the Czech Govt's backing, it won't fly) and has very strict limits on where it can fly due to the disruption it causes to the airspace around an airport due to its size. The only reason they made it ICAO compliant is because had they not, they wouldn't have been able to fly anywhere outside of the former Soviet Union, and maybe not even outside of hte Czech Republic. The only operator who can (and will) fly the aircraft is ADB, who is not a private commerical company. They are a government-backed manufacturer. It is still considered a "one-off" aircraft as the only reason the second aircraft is being completed is because it was substantially complete before the project was cancelled with the end of the Buran program in the early 1990s. Otherwise, Antonov would not have had the funds or resources to build a completely new airframe. Even at that, there really wasn't ever any real consideration of building more than a couple, just as there was never any plans of building any more than one 747SCA for the Shuttle.

I don't know how much it costs to fly something on any of the Antonovs, (124 or 225), but it's not cheap. The only reason that Lockheed uses them to fly their rockets to Cape Canaveral is because they won't fit inside the C-5 and the US Congress stopped letting them use the C-5 for commercial payloads (even though Lockheed was paying market rate for th use of the aircraft). I would imagine with the AN-124 being only one of two types in the world able to lift as much as it can (the other being the C-5) and the AN-225 being the only one in the world able to carry as much as it can, I imagine that the premium is pretty significant on a "per pound" basis.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:02 pm

I once read that it is available for $1.8M per day. :P
Yours Stan