CEOs, CEOs everywhere...

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Ionathan
Captain

CEOs, CEOs everywhere...

Post by Ionathan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:21 pm

With the airports population feature the flightplan maintenance of several hubs has become a tedious work. It's not like it was when you could just pick two airports, an aircraft type and a reasonable ticket price. Therefore the need for hub managers is obvious... hub managers in a CEOs world. So, it's time to re-introduce an old story. What about applying restrictions for people from becoming CEOs from the very beggining? A suggestion could be to set a minimum number of hours someone should get before he/she can start a new airline and mayby in conjunction with a minimum amount in their personal account. I don't suggest seize their positions from current CEOs who may not meet the criteria but for new comers. This will make more pilots who will eventually leave airlines to become CEOs but then more new pilots will keep coming to replace the old ones.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

Matthew
Captain

Re: CEOs, CEOs everywhere...

Post by Matthew » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:54 pm

I completly agree with you. There are hardly any pilots. Just CEO. You idea of not allowing people to join as a CEO is good. but the only problem with this is. Some people already own VA's that want to migrate to fsairlines. So maybe have your feature in place. But if the VA is already started aloow that aswell. I dont know how it could work.

hezza
Captain

Post by hezza » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:15 pm

Well there are (currently) 820 airlines and 3618 users, so presumably there are almost 4 times as many pilots as CEOs ;)
Speaking as one who started working for another company before moving my existing airline to FSA, I would say that it is entirely irrelevant to me how many pilots others have on their roster. How exactly could FSAirlines be improved by having fewer airlines?

G

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:08 pm

Hi,

I think that you will always find pilots who want to run their own outfit and be a CEO. Likewise you will always find pilots that don't want that sort of hassle and will fly with an existing VA. There are many VA's here with large numbers of pilots flying with them which is good to see. Why should someone be stopped from starting their own VA? Forcing someone to initially join an existing VA only delays the time they will move on and start their own. Horses for courses, leave things as they are I say.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:01 am

I am not CEO but PRE(sident) :lol:
Welcome back Nikos.

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:30 am

I don't think we need to have a restriction on people starting their own airline, there are some very interesting VAs that possibly wouldn't have come about if new pilots had to join an existing VA.

However, I do think we need some way to make the current VAs more visible to new pilots when they join. The ads system doesn't really work (Firefox with Ad Block :oops: ) and I'm sure most new pilots jump straight in without really looking at what's already available. Maybe a listing by aircraft type, or geographic location? Perhaps that way we could encourage people to join an existing VA, even if it's just to learn how things work. That's the route I went down, and I learned a lot from the VAs I was with, before I set up my own.

My VA was set up to reflect my personal situation (aircraft on my HD, flight lengths, location, etc), so it might not appeal to others, and many other single pilot VAs are the same, but there are also some very big VAs with large pilot rosters, so there is room for everybody.

TTFN

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:43 pm

I agree with Tony, we need to make the VA's more visible. In the early days of FlyNET there was a simple listing of active VA's with the VA name, number of pilots, number of aircraft, number of routes etc. I think this list should return with a direct link to it from the home page.

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

NXC-ghost-nl
Ticket Agent

Post by NXC-ghost-nl » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:46 pm

i agree were having a hard time just keeping our head above water
and pilots are hard to find
especialy when they start their own company
without any experience or flighthours

greetings
Dutch International Airways

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:08 pm

really you have to look at those airlines, then see how many are all one man shows... there are a quite a few airlines here that have 50+ pilots...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:25 am

I personally prefer my airline be a one man show.
I don't like many pilots asking this and that. I don't offer anything to them.

stuga100
Ticket Agent

Post by stuga100 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:28 am

The problem with stopping newbies from forming a new airline is it takes way way to long get hired by a VA in FSairlines.net. I Tried for about 7 days to no avail. I should think the answer should be to develope features for VA's to hire pilots. Such as a forum for job postings and more effecient way to help new pilots find a VA that is hiring during regisration.

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:42 am

Im curious
as to what took seven days? There are many CEOs who would have hired you in an instant

What sort of problems did you encounter ??

Im curious because over the last couple of weeks we have had a couple of application messages only to find there was no one there

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:56 pm

I'm curious too, as Leif says most VAs would hire you in an instant, including mine. Most CEOs check their messages every day, so you should expect to be hired much quicker than that.

There was a thread about job postings on the forum some time ago, and IIRC only something like 10% of the active pilots use the forums, so posting job openings isn't going to get you anywhere. The choice needs to be available on the main FSAirlines page if it's going to achieve anything.

TTFN

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:04 pm

You can also post in the forum saying that you are seeking job :).
I am sure people would invite you to their VAs.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:48 pm

vaccaro wrote:You can also post in the forum saying that you are seeking job :).
I am sure people would invite you to their VAs.
hell ya, we will fight over people :lol:

i remember one guy had like 10 vas all trying to get him...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways