CEOs, CEOs everywhere...

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

stuga100
Ticket Agent

Re: CEOs, CEOs everywhere...

Post by stuga100 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:21 pm

The problem I had was there are litterly hundreds of VA's most of wich are single CEO ops that will not hire a sole.

I drive for ETS and don't have a lot of time to sift through pages and pages of airlines that won't hire or in some instants aren't even active.

Wich brings me to another point, perhaps some one needs to go through the VA list and clean out inactive VA's.

Incase my concerns are due to glich not a lack of willingness of VA's to hire. I applied for BC North, Uk direct, and WestCanJet. If these VA's did not receive my application due to glich then I apolgize for this thread.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:25 pm

Try Manchester International Airways,we would be glad for you to come and fly for us.Fly as often or not as you prefer. :lol:
Yours Stan

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:13 pm

Thanks for the frank Answer

Prehaps we should change our name for Venture to something closer to the begining of the Alphabet.........

Naw -- people still seem to find us :)

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

stuga100
Ticket Agent

Post by stuga100 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:48 am

I hope no one took the thread personally.

My intent is to high light the need for a better hiring system.

After some brainstorming I came up with a few ideas to help newbies along.

-Include better sorting functions for VA's like region, types of aircraft operated, and hubs used.
-Allow newbies to apply for more then one VA at a time, that way one doesn't need to wait long periods of time for one CEO. I assure if someone applies for EAW they might have wait a bit. If he could apply for more then one VA he is more likely to find a CEO at his desk and not flying or something.
-Allow pilots to fly check rides on certain aircraft without flying for a VA. That way I know for certain the prospective pilot can fly what he says he can fly.
-Create an atuomated hiring system. Chances are I am going to hire any body who applies any way so why not turn hiring over to an AI. Plus if you combine this with the type rate system mentioned above then any pilot who is hired can begin flying write away on the A/C of there choice without waiting for me to get around to assigning him a VA id and type rates. Driving for ETS any pilot who applies for EAW might have to wait awhile before I check my mailbox and chances are when I do check my mailbox the applicant will long since given up waiting.

Pipe dream I know but atleast I've brought this issue to the surface with bluntness only Scotsman could Provide

Regards

Stuart Andrews

(Please note the proper spelling of my first name. I am no Stewart. :lol: )