Restrict Flightplans by Fleet

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Restrict Flightplans by Fleet

Post by Quantum » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:33 pm

Hi,

I have a situation where I have two aircraft of the same type that I want to operate a set of flightplans unique to them. I can file a plan and set the registration but it will only accept one reg'. Even if I could set more than one reg' it would not stop those two aircraft operating any other flightplan of their type from where they are based, it just stops their plans being used by other aircraft of that type which we own.

A solution would be to restrict flightplans by fleet. On the add flightplan page, like we have the tick boxes for the aircraft types, we would have tick boxes for the different fleets. In the example I have given, the plans for those two aircraft would just have one tick for the unique fleet they are in. All other flightplans for the same type of aircraft would exclude the fleet those two aircraft are in.

Each fleet would have to be recognised by a system default name with a VA 'familiar' name. For example, all VA's fleets that are created get numbered sequentially starting at Fleet 1. and we can give a familiar name to it e.g. 'Fleet 1. Classic British'. I then add another fleet and it is automatically Fleet 2. to which I can append a familiar name so it then reads 'Fleet 2. Classic Non-British'.

This will facilitate an entry in the file for batch upload of flightplans. If the field is left empty then by default the plan is available for all fleets. A fleet number can be added to the field so that restricted fleet usage can be entered in the batch file and recognised by the database.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Re: Restrict Flightplans by Fleet

Post by flightsimer » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:05 am

ya i was just thinking of this yesterday... i tried to look at flight plan for all aircraft, well it took 5mins and still was only on 1 bar... so have to shut down IE... so if that is what happened with one hub's flight plan i can only imagine how long it will take once i get all 7 hubs loaded...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am

flightsimer wrote:ya i was just thinking of this yesterday...
Now there's a surprise :roll:
ImageImage

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:30 pm

its not my fault that just so happened to be when i finally got half of my kpit hub done and uploaded:lol:
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

WIF1073
Flight Attendant

Post by WIF1073 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:34 am

I think that this splitting of the flight plans into separate fleets is a great idea. In addition to the idea that only aircraft from a specific fleet can fly that fleet's flightplans, the actual administration of flightplans would be greatly eased. In our VA's situation we have three fleets: normal operations, codeshare ops and historical operations - displaying the whole set of flights is huge (and growing!), chopping this into three would be a great improvement. The ability to administer each fleet's set of flightplans individually obviously means having to be able to import and export by fleet too so I hope that wouldn't cause too much difficulty in coding.

I would be interested to know what FSAirlines team think about this thread.

Cheers

Malcolm
Virtual Widerøe CEO

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:02 pm

Hi,

No recent comments on this thread, and no sign of a 'set flightplan by fleet' feature. This may be due to the developers looking at ways of coding this. In the meantime, is it possible to lift the restriction of one registration on a flightplan? We can have multiple aircraft types, so why not multiple registrations?

Regards

John
ImageImage

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:40 pm

adding to this since i dont clearly see this if its up there. but when booking the flights could we select between flightplans or by fleets or aircraft types or all three?
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:09 am

At first I thought it would be easy to be done, by connecting Fleet->Aircraft->Flight, but then I realized that flights can also be tied not to Aircraft (registration number) but to aircraft type and aircraft type is by no means tied to Fleet. The only wat to be implemented would be by adding a new field in the Flight table to hold the primary key of the Fleet as a foreign one. Then the requested restricting based on fleet would be a piece of cake. My old friends, developers, is there any hope to have this? It would be really helpful for VA's with lots of flights and several fleets.

P.S. For the non-programmers, I apologise for the technical speaking.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines