Rostering

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Matthew
Captain

Rostering

Post by Matthew » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:07 pm

I was just thinking what would be a good idea (not sure if you will agree)

But Rostering. means. every month the computer or the CEO will generate the flying plans for the pilot over the coming month (like in a real world) except not as much as a real world.

and if the pilot flies for example 40% of the flights on his/her roster the VA would get a bonus every month? or the pilots?

I think that would be a nice idea. because instead of humming or arring about where to fly you would have a roster. Every time you add new routes for your VA it would add to the roster if you get what i mean.

Please tell me what you think to this idea. and if you want more details about what im talking about.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Re: Rostering

Post by flightsimer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:54 pm

i like it, but maybe as a option... some might not like it because they wont be able to fly where they want when they want...

ive been thinking lately of something sort of like this only for like charters that the system would want us to fly. like we set hubs, and and then the system would generate a flight, but only give it a certain amount of time to be completed and if its done then you get a bonus for that flight...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

jch5pilot
Ticket Agent

Post by jch5pilot » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:33 am

Hello,

I think it would be a good idea too. The CEO could set a roster on a monthly basis for each pilot to complete if he/she decides to use that system.

For example I could set one of my pilots a few flights to fly during November, say Stansted - Alicante - Stansted - Prague - Stansted, then the pilot can work his way through that. When November ends, the CEO could then set a roster for December and so on.

I don't think it needs anything complicated. Perhaps just the ability for the CEO to select the flights (in order) that he wants them flown and then only those flights show up in the 'Book Flight' list for that pilot or something.

James

Myrm
Flight Attendant

Post by Myrm » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:42 am

Hi

To be honest, I do not see the need for it. If a CEO wants to roster his pilots then he can already do so within his own VA by creating his own roster. The beauty of the way things are in Skylines, the VA I fly for (and I am sure it is the same for most, if not all VA's) is that the CEO allows us to fly wherever and whenever we wish according to the existing flightplans, allowing us pilots to enjoy ourselves without being tied down to rosters.
Myrm

"Glöm inte vår Tobias" (In memory of Tobias Enroth 1999-2007)

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:19 am

Hi,

I think this is something that should be done outside of the remit of FSA as it is something else that adds to the server load and the work of the developers. There is nothing to stop a CEO rostering pilots to fly routes if that's what he and his pilots wish and this could be done by the CEO's, managers or whoever wants to take on that task. At CBFS we fly when and where we like and I would have no desire to place any impositions/demands to fly otherwise.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage