Pilots free to work for more than one VA - how about this?

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Pilots free to work for more than one VA - how about this?

Post by Brian Peace » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:49 pm

Pilots working for more than one VA - would be good for pilots becuase they would be able to fly routes they want to fly, by joining two or three va's (maybe one in N america, one in europe, and one in asia?).

Would also make alliances a lot more fun if somehow a pilot from one va that is a member of an alliance could fly the other partner va's flights as codeshares.

Just some thoughts.

I know I'd probably enjoy being able to do a few flights in europe every now and then, but I don't want to make flight plans over there for my own VA that is very north american based and wouldn't realistically have regional flights in europe. :D
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Re: Pilots free to work for more than one VA - how about this?

Post by flightsimer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:17 pm

ya i like this too... but points that would be brought up is why not just codeshare with another airline in that area... well the answer i would give is that its not as much "fun" IMO. your still flying for your own airline... if you wanna fly the route they fly your either A) gonna end up codesharing every route or B ) you might as well just set up the routes yourself.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

hezza
Captain

Post by hezza » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:35 pm

I would like to be able to fly contract flights, particularly for partnership airlines, without giving up my VA or taking their profits via a codeshare.
This could promote closer links between airlines and develop more of a community atmosphere.
It is clear that membership of more than one airline would be open to all kinds of abuse, but I wonder why pilots cannot just fly for an airline without being on their roster?

G

Dave seventhree

Post by Dave seventhree » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:40 pm

I also think if airlines are partnered .. pilots within any can fly for each if they prefer... seems more team like.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:28 am

Hi,

I think it best that a VA keeps their own pilots and let the routes/equipment dictate where a pilot wants to rest his hat. If a pilot wants to fly a particular route with a particular aircraft which his VA doesn't have, he can ask his CEO if it's possible to accommodate the request. The pilot can then decide what to do depending on the CEO's response.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:49 am

I agree with John

We have had several people turn up and join VHA and ask "Why dont you fly.............xyz" and when they are told thats not
the goal for Venture and that its stated from the get go....personally I have no desire to fly Airbus and Boeing NG products
and neither do the guys at VHAVA, However why would I want a "part time" pilot, many of our members have developed as
painters, scenery builders and modelers with our structure.

Your welcome to join , but dont be hopping back and forth to join other things because We dont fly what you want .

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:48 pm

We've said this more than once and we'll say it again - flying for multiple VAs is not going to be added in.

Just as having multiple profiles is against our rules (hey, you can't clone yourself can you?), flying for more than one company at the same time is as well. This is how it is in the real world. I cannot fly for United and American Airlines at the same time in the real world, so why should you be able to do it here?