Ordering AC

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

cjk2448

Ordering AC

Post by cjk2448 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:19 pm

You know - this just kinda popped into my head, but instead of buying a new AC and just having it at your airport a couple seconds later ready for you to fly, there should be a time between the order and delivery since boing and airbus manufacter aircraft to order and not in bulk. This will force leases and possibly someone buying 2nd hand aircraft when they are just beginning.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:32 pm

This is a good idea, but there is a danger behind it.

Im basing this off my airline empires experience. There, a manufacturer can produce 20 airframes a "month". If someone orders a bathc of say, 15 ATR-42s (they get a slight discount in the price for ordering the bunch) then theres only 5 slots left. Afer those slots are taken, there gets tobe an order backlog. On AE, where there are hundreds of players, this means some people dont get their aircraft for a long, long time.

One of the reasons I like Flynet is it is very "PLug and Play". You sign up, get the client, and boom, your flying. I think this accessibility is a great thing and should be kept. However, i do think, for fun, each manufacturer should have an order log, just to show whos buying what, etc.

The leases, currently, are well supported by players who want bigger planes at the beggining, and not some regional Embraer. (In a strange twist, all the airlines who offer the leases have clawed theyre way to where they are now, and give the leases because they know how tough it is too afford one of the big boeings)

The accessibility of FLyNet is something we should keep in mind, always. Unless of course we get an option button to toggle between "Hardcore" FLYNet and "Relaxed" Flynet.

cjk2448

Post by cjk2448 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:38 pm

Well I wasn't intenting to have the manufactures "limited" to production, but now that you bring it up :-P. A order log and maybe a wait of 1 day for delivery? I don't know - just throwing stuff out there. I'm at work and bored :-P

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:47 pm

The wait of 1 day is ok, but how about for aircraft of 100 million and up?

That way, a starting airline (with no A/C) can still buy there Regionals if they want, and fly them that day. By the time you order heavies, you can afford the 24 hour wait time.

The limited production would work fine, right now, but in the future, with FLYnet going live, well, it can be a pretty bad thing, and the cause for a lot of upset people.

cjk2448

Post by cjk2448 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:07 pm

I figure promoting leasing would help alot and this would be a good way to do such a think.

ricchio

Post by ricchio » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:16 am

Good idea!

Ciao,
Aaron