Parking/Airport Charges.

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

leeharman1
Ticket Agent

Parking/Airport Charges.

Post by leeharman1 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:09 pm

Hi guy's,

Sorry in advance if this subject has been brought up before. :!:

I was just wandering :?: if there will be or could there be in the near future a feature to charging the Airline companies a fee for using airport's.

i.e.
  • Parking Fee's :D
    Landing/Take off Taxes :D
as I think this would bring us even close to the real world of aviation. :lol: :D
Lee R. Harman
CEO/Founder
Harman Charters.

ImageImageImage

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Re: Parking/Airport Charges.

Post by DaveB » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:37 pm

Hi Lee..

Have you had a beer too many?? :lol: I'll call the medics :wink:

ATB

DaveB

Myrm
Flight Attendant

Post by Myrm » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:49 pm

Hi

Hmmmm, I don't like that idea, particularly now that the more your VA is worth, the less income per flight it now brings in. On the move over from FlyNET to FSAirlines, our multiplier dropped from x300 to x50, and we subsequently have taken a massive cut in incoming revenue :(
Myrm

"Glöm inte vår Tobias" (In memory of Tobias Enroth 1999-2007)

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:13 am

ya its pretty much impossible to make any money now so there would only be one way to do it... have the costs go down as the multiplier does... but still your still loosing that precious money...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

AdmiralRolfe
Captain

Post by AdmiralRolfe » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:32 am

Not everyone enjoys the full realism of the real world, which is probably why we're all simmers. Gate rental fees and landing fees would start to get on some people's nerves very quickly.
ImageImage

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:38 am

:D :D

You're not wrong there John :wink: Moving toward a more realistic setup is one thing but with airlines going under on a weekly basis in the RW.. do we really want to duplicate this?? :roll: Err.. nope. Having a bit of fun is why we're all here and not being able to afford fuel bills is definately not required :D

ATB

DaveB

leeharman1
Ticket Agent

Post by leeharman1 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:46 pm

Cheers for all the replies, sorry making peoples blood boil in this subject. :(

But thought I'd ask anyway.
Lee R. Harman
CEO/Founder
Harman Charters.

ImageImageImage

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:15 pm

:lol: :lol:

It's not a bad question Lee.. I just hope that no one 'on high' thinks it's a good idea too :wink: For those airlines with a few aircraft and on high multiplyers, it wouldn't be too much of a problem but for those of us with substantial fleets and low (almost none existant) multiplyers.. it would be rather more dire. Nah.. many come here and use FlyNET/FSA as a form of stress releif from the RW and as a RW VC10 pilot on our forum has on his signature.. It's Not Real :wink:

ATB

DaveB

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:01 am

Hey I'm with ya man. It;s way too easy to make money on FlyNET / FSA

I've got to admit to sorta losing interest in managing / flying it becuase of that...

It does nothing to CHALLENGE me to make the next step... it comes too easily.

Just my 2 cents.

Maybe if there were optional add on expenses... wereby you could opt for varying degrees of "realism"???
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

mbx
Ticket Agent

Post by mbx » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:41 pm

It's more like Parking Charges, but...

Maybe it will be like option for people which want to use this.
To be honest, we were discus in our company about, and charges for parking will be pushing pilots to keep aircraft in the air.

I understand that no everyone want to have this, but as we have choice how much multiply our income, we could have airports fees or parking charges applied as well.
Let's calculate: (local fuel price x 0,00001of aircraft value = parking price per day) x company multiplier.
Example: B737-700 parking in Krakow, Poland. Aircraft price $50.000.000, fuel price $1.70, so after 24h we must pay $850. If my company will have multiply x50 I will pay $850 x 50 = $42.500.
But, I repeat once again, this could be only like an option, for those who want it.

It could be interesting add, giving more realism to economical factor of FSA.
It is easier to do a job right, than to explain why you didn’t.

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:28 pm

I love the idea, but as I said above... you'd have to be able to have an option as a CEO for "realicstic" - which would include landing fees, gate fees, parking, etc... and an option for "fun mode" which would not include any of those. :)
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

conmanflyer

Post by conmanflyer » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:10 pm

what if you just bought gates or parking spaces... to be able to keep the plane at tht airport... parking for a 737 would be maybe 1000 and parking for a 747 would be 10000.

to implement this option you could give EVERY airline a free parking space for every aircraft at that a/c's current airport...

and 4-6 free gates with a max out of gates at different airports

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:14 pm

We have already stated that we want to implement more fees where feasible, but we won't do it until we find a fair way to do so and a way that won't create a burden on VA management to deal with. We also want to have some more options for fleet management (i.e. ability to "store" airplanes for a fixed fee and have them not show up on your main fleet list or incur costs) before we implement any time-based fees for things like parking (i.e. a plane sitting on the ramp and not flying for more than 30 days - just an example, not anything we're specifically considering), so don't worry about it.