Airline partnerships

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Airline partnerships

Post by Konny » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:43 pm

Hi,
The are several people who would like to have an option to partner up with other airlines. To discuss, how this should look like, I opened up this topic.

So...my concept of parternships is:
An airline can offer flights for codesharing in a big codeshare-pool. Any other airline can now add the flight to its codeshares. The airline which added the flight can now fly the route with their own aircraft. The profit/loss is then charged to the airline actually flying the flight.

A little example:

Airline Alpha offer the flight ALP001 (KJFK-KLAX with a B777) for codesharing.
Airline Bravo adds the flight to its codeshare.
Now there is a Airline Bravo pilot who flies the route with a B777 from Airline Bravo. The flight will be shown as "ALP001 flown by Airline Bravo".
Airline Bravo has to pay for catering, fuel, etc and will also get the full revenue.

The only problem I see that there are no advantages for Airline Alpha, which offered the flight.

Any ideas ?
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

ricchio

Post by ricchio » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:18 pm

It's all good, but I do see your problem and I'm not sure how to change it.

Ciao,
Aaron

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:08 pm

When I mean partnerships I mean like an Airport link, and the profit is split in half or a ratio depending on miles travelled by airplane!

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:40 pm

I would definately go for profit/loss sharing and maybe some method of payment from the pilot who logged the hours (1-10v$/hour or something like that...)

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:13 pm

I think airline Bravo should pay a fixed amount every month or better week to airline Alpha which remains the owner of the aircraft and flight. Since it is airline's Bravo problem to obtain profit, the amount transfered to Alpha should be independent of each flight's results.

tall_guy_pete

Post by tall_guy_pete » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:20 am

Ah good old Instancies konny my friend. You know you can use control feedback models to solve such an issue? 8)

Not sure if you would use either negative of positive. Probably negative as you would have a constraint in place :?:

pete999

Post by pete999 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:34 pm

Konny will we have to have the aircraft in are fleet at the airport to do the route or will we be able to use the other airlines fleet aswell?

But then we get to the arguement of repairs and crashes!

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:18 pm

pete, for the time being you have to own an aircraft of the same type at the departure airport. Maybe it would be a good idea to be able to use an alternate aircraft type.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines