Manufacturer waiting times for aircraft

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

dgor
Flight Attendant

Manufacturer waiting times for aircraft

Post by dgor » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:06 pm

Hi,

I notice that quite a lot of new aircraft are bought with little or no attention being paid to the trader's list in many cases. "Flynet Aviation" has hundreds of aircraft, many brand new, which nobody is bothering to buy and instead are just buying their planes from the manufacturers list. I think it would be a good idea to impose delivery times for aircraft - after all when an airline orders a new aircraft from a manufacturer they don't receive it straight away. If a waiting time was necessary for buying new aircraft then perhaps it would encourage people to use the traders list more, reflecting real world practice more accurately.

As a side note, if possible the waiting time in hours could be derived from the number of that aircraft currently in service minus the number currently being sold. For example if there were 200 of a certain aircraft in service with 25 of those on the traders list the waiting time would be 175 hours (200 total - 25 on market = 175). Again this reflects the real world because more popular aircraft are bound to have longer waiting lists for manufacture and delivery.

Does anyone agree?

Dave :)
Regards,
Dave

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Manufacturer waiting times for aircraft

Post by joefremont » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:24 pm

Interesting idea, a simple solution may be to just not let a va's order aircraft if FlyNET Aviation has them in stock.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:11 am

ive been thinking of this lately too, only i was thinking of making an actual ordering system. now i really like the ordering system, and think it would be really nice to have because it would allow "launch" customers and would add alot of realism. ive thought up of a system as to how it would work, now yes it would need tweeked, but i think its a good start. the only thing i can think of that would be a down side is time. i did mine on a monthly basis, like in RW, but i dont think anybody here would really want to wait a month just to get a few aircraft. but then again, it would be an incentive to do leases and to use the traders market and aircraft brokering. i can post my idea if somebody wishes to see it.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:19 pm

Greeting to all :)

Might I also suggest that when ordering an out of production aircraft that you also get the option to select where you would like it delevered, as you do with the in production aircraft?

Along a simialr vein, regarding aircraft transfers, would it also be possible to introduce a similar delay for when pilots buy tickets to different locations to introduce the same time delay?

conmanflyer

Post by conmanflyer » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:57 pm

yay! launch customers!!! (refer to resent 787 issue)... im all for the ordering system!

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:36 am

conmanflyer wrote:yay! launch customers!!! (refer to resent 787 issue)... im all for the ordering system!
Please don't confuse Tyler (flightsimer)'s wishful thinking for something that might be on the developers' to-do list. I don't see a need in FSAirlines to get this complicated and I think it will cause much more strife than solve, something we have no intention of dealing with. I think we need to do something to encourage people buying aircraft to use the Trader's List more, but beyond that, I think our current system is more than adequate and doesn't make things too complicated.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:04 am

heres an old post! at least the search was used :lol:
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:06 am

Too true.

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:04 am

MMattyK wrote:Greeting to all :)
Along a simialr vein, regarding aircraft transfers, would it also be possible to introduce a similar delay for when pilots buy tickets to different locations to introduce the same time delay?
that would kill 90% of VA flying in one fell swoop. I strongly disagree. I lke to see where the vatsim controllers are, and hop on in their area, instead of being stuck hundreds of miles away possibly.
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:23 am

Okay, killing this thread before it gets out of hand....

Guys, this is an OLD thread and as such, the ideas have been considered and the ones we see merit in have been incorporated into the "plan".

I don't see need for more argument on this topic right now.