Fuel changes before takeoff? Please? 8-)

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Fuel changes before takeoff? Please? 8-)

Post by Brian Peace » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:23 am

Hi,

It would be awesome if we could be allowed to change the fuele in our aircraft up till takeoff, or even up to taxi stage of flight. Why? Becuase sometimes at a small feild flight sim decides to so wonderfully fill our tanks to 100% when the engines shut down sometimes, and if we start up the client for the next flight without noticing this, were stuck with an overweight plane on takeoff, especially small feilds and smaller aircraft like the B1900D, etc.

If it happens to a large aircraft like a 747-400D, and the plane only flies a one hour flight, it will lose a TON as well.

Any way around this problem?
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

hezza
Captain

Re: Fuel changes before takeoff? Please? 8-)

Post by hezza » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:56 am

I think FS only refuels an aircraft if you park on a refueling square.
These are normally located on GA parking but can be at a gate.
(You can see where they are with AFCAD2, or just look for the petrol pumps in the sim.)
If you are automatically refueled you can move to a different stand, set the fuel level required, and then start the client.

Graham

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Thu May 08, 2008 11:23 pm

More than once this has happened to me at a gate.

what happens is... I load aircraft with fuel at airport (a) becuase fuel is way cheaper. it's loaded with just enough to go to airport (b) and back to (a)... then when I park at (b) and go onto flynet, and book the return flight to (a), and start the flight and find out that the fuel loaded looks wrong (like whoa! I never put any on why is there so much?) ,then come back inside my flightsim and find out my tnaks are at 100%. It sucks to buy a full tank at 1.74... AND be that heavy for takeoff... :twisted:
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri May 09, 2008 12:34 am

Again, this is not a FlyNET issue. If you part near the "Fuel Box" (shown by a fuel pump in the scenery), it will automatically refuel your airplane to full whenever you shutdown the engines and apply the parking brake.

The proper way to prevent this is to not park near the "fuel box". There is no change needed to be made to the client as it's not a client issue but an issue with the way you're flying in FS and not taking into account the need to not park near the "fuel box" unless you want to refuel. :)

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Fri May 16, 2008 4:45 pm

and... your not taking into account that in all these instances I have parked no where at all near the "fuel box" in FS, just merely parked at an airport.... at a gate... etc.
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Fri May 16, 2008 11:58 pm

Hi,

There is a simple solution to this - when this happens to you use the compare refuelling mode. As FS has given you the fuel free gratis, there is nothing to stop you calculating what fuel you should have started with and load that in FS prior to staring the client. By using the compare method the client effectively defuels the free fuel that you got by accident.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Sat May 17, 2008 12:04 am

Brian Peace wrote:and... your not taking into account that in all these instances I have parked no where at all near the "fuel box" in FS, just merely parked at an airport.... at a gate... etc.
If you are using add-on scenery, the buildings may have been placed over the default fuel box and the AFCAD/ADE file may not have been updated. You might want to open it and check its location compared to the gate you park in.

Also, John is correct but if you like Standard or Detailed better, just find out where the fuel box is.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Sat May 17, 2008 2:39 pm

Quantum wrote:Hi,

There is a simple solution to this - when this happens to you use the compare refuelling mode. As FS has given you the fuel free gratis, there is nothing to stop you calculating what fuel you should have started with and load that in FS prior to staring the client. By using the compare method the client effectively defuels the free fuel that you got by accident.

Regards

John
Problem is, I don't notice until I have already hit the "compare" button, and instead of having added oh say 40,000lbs for a short 747-400D flight, I've got 212,000lbs on board! You can see how this might be a problem in a case like that now?

I am using 2002, how do I edit afcad to find out where the fuel box is, is there a program I can get or something? (I'm proficient at that sort of stuff once I get my hands on it, I've actually designed some sceneries before)
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Sat May 17, 2008 4:08 pm

Brian,

If you are using FS2002, you just have to look for the yellow box and the pumps in game as the FS2002 versions of AFCAD files do not include fuel boxes. Also, another option, when taxiing off the runway, come to a complete stop and wait for ground instructions like real aircraft do, this would end your flight and still allow you to taxi to the gate and not be penalized for the fuel.

Best of Luck,
Matt.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin