Stockmarket

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:53 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:And what would you suggest one doing with that money? Spend it on stuff from the pilot shop that gives them even less utility?
Thats why we need more features i.e Stocktrading.
GoUS Executive Chairman
World Alliance Board of Directors

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:51 pm

Miikoyan wrote:Thats why we need more features i.e Stocktrading.
I'm personally against having a stock market. It's been tried over a dozen times in the VA community and each time it's failed miserably. Not because there wasn't any interest, far from it, but because the programmers were doing it for free and they couldn't devote enough time to defeating those who were cheating for no true gain to make it a fun place to be. I fear that if FlyNET opens a stock market, the same thing will happen again.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:39 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:
I'm personally against having a stock market. It's been tried over a dozen times in the VA community and each time it's failed miserably. Not because there wasn't any interest, far from it, but because the programmers were doing it for free and they couldn't devote enough time to defeating those who were cheating for no true gain to make it a fun place to be. I fear that if FlyNET opens a stock market, the same thing will happen again.
I agree with chris, what stock really gives the ability to do is vote out an airlines CEO and replace them. I don't think many ppl would be happy when that starts to happen.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:48 pm

joefremont wrote:
CAPFlyer wrote:
I agree with chris, what stock really gives the ability to do is vote out an airlines CEO and replace them. I don't think many ppl would be happy when that starts to happen.
ya but thats how it is in the RW...

and did u get my pm?
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:11 am

No Tyler, it's not how it happens in the real world. It's not impossible to hack the trade systems, but it's nearly so and with the number of shares moving any day, any of the "tricks" and cheats being used on the VA markets wouldn't make a dent in the real markets. There is no way to replicate the real-world volumes, so the problems still remain. There will always be those who take a hapless VA's stock from doing fine one day to worth nothing the next just because he can and that's wrong and, again, there's no way to prevent it without constant and extremely attentive monitoring, something which none of the developers nor any of the staff are willing to do.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:23 am

wait am i missing something???i was saying wat happens in RW is that CEOs will be fired by the investors if the business is going down the drain...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:06 am

And the reply was... inevitably someone will find a loophole and YOUR shares will be worth nothing, and one day you'll go to bed in charge of a fiscally strong airline, the next morning you wake up and don't have a job, all becuase someone else hacked YOUR va....

I don't want that.... at all...

My 2 cents. 8)
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/