Small Airports

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

ALZ150

Small Airports

Post by ALZ150 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:07 pm

Some people like flying VFR tours. In these tours there are lot of small airports but they aren't in database of flynet I think would be a good idea put them in order to fly in flynet system.
Thanks

Dave Athay
Ticket Agent

Post by Dave Athay » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:16 pm

You can currently add any airport you want to the database. From the main site, just click "airports" under the database heading on the left-hand side. Then, at the top of the page that comes up, click "add airport to database" and fill out the form. It will have to be approved by the admins, but this usually only takes a couple of days. You'll need to do some homework first to get the relevant information about the airport- lat/lon, elevation, runway length, etc. Some of that might be available within FS itself. If the airport is in the US, go to www.airnav.com and grab the info there. Otherwise, if all else fails, you can probably get what you need from Google Earth or a similar application.

I'd love more small airports to fly to, so if you've got some in mind, please go for it!

ALZ150

Post by ALZ150 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:48 pm

I did so, and I will send you a lot of small airports from VFR WORLD TOUR of IVAO
Greetings

cristian_WTR

Post by cristian_WTR » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:31 pm

ALZ150 I manually added ALL the missing world tour VFR airports.
Almost all of them have been already added to the system. Now still waiting for some of the initial part of the tour.

ALZ150

Post by ALZ150 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:52 pm

Thank you very much Sir. In few days myself will do it
But there is an airport wrong in Philippines.RPUP is Larap Tuguegarau is RPUT Can you repair it, please?
Thanks a lot again

cristian_WTR

Post by cristian_WTR » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:58 pm

I cannot do this.... I simply filled the form for each airport and now we must wait for the administrators to create the apts in the database

ALZ150

Post by ALZ150 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:06 pm

Thanks again

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:08 pm

All the airports are in the database, including the one in question. I've already had to deny 4 requests to add Tuguegarau because I added it several weeks ago.

Please check the database before submitting a request to add an airfield. If the data is incorrect, then submit an edit request. There's a "Pencil" like icon on each airport's data page, just click it and it will let you change the data and submit it for approval. Do not submit a new entry for the same airport.

ALZ150

Post by ALZ150 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:17 pm

Thanks Capflyer. I edit that airport I would like working with you in order to do flynet the best system
My english is not good, but I will try colaborate all as I can
Greetings

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:36 pm

Your English is much better than my Spanish or Filipino. :)