a restructure in the VA...

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

a restructure in the VA...

Post by flightsimer » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:59 am

i was wondering about something... i was looking through the "to-do list" and saw this as the lowest priority... but am wondering if this is the same thing as what i would like to see...

the change i would like to see is to be able to make a corp. then make then make the airlines for the corp... Like AMR corp. which owns AA, AE, and executive airlines...

this would also tie in with so other things on the "to-do list".

I dont really want the VA page layout to change, but what im suggesting is that you have the ability to make the sub airlines as a own airline. So im gonna use myself as an example. Right now, I want to make North Eastern Airways into North Eastern Corp. I would have North Eastern Airways, North Eastern Express, North Eastern Cargo, my leasing company which has yet to be named, and the New Division which is North Japan Express. This also would tie into how i suggested about the fleet being able to be split up. The only big difference would be when selecting pages, if i want to look at fleets, then i would click fleet then have to pick the branch, and then it would come up. the same would apply for routes, overviews, finances, etc. the pages would have the ability to see everything from all of the branches or each one individually.

As to the partnerships, i think that could just be with the main corp or whatever you want to call it. example, if my partner airline AHV would want to partnership with me (using this example as if he wasnt already one, and if this was done) all he would do is request the partnership for the main company, but i would be able to give him any of my routes from all of my branches.

and if this was done each branch should have its own multiplier also, since they will have their own finaces.

also the statistics would go by the Main airline or corp, whatever the CEO wants to call it...

this could simplify opperations in each VA also, by the following things. It would make it easier for the pilots, If i have pilots that just like flying cargo planes/routes, then i could just select the cargo division for them, or if they like regionals, then i can just assign the regional division to them, or if they like them all, then they could see all flights possible, etc... and assigning the divisions would be just like assigning the type ratings... also it organises things MUCH better than what they are now. now yes, you would have to add some options for the CEOs to make some of these things possible, but once that is all done i think it could make running the VA a little bit easier.

This is what i was thinking up and was wondering if this was the same as the sub-airline thing in the "to-do list". I think this was/is a good idea and was wondering why it was put at the bottom.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways