Punctuality policy

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

ALZ245

Punctuality policy

Post by ALZ245 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:18 pm

Hi there!

I would like to know what you have to do wrong to get a penalty on punctuality. In other words, what are the limits? How late should i arrive at my destination to get a bad rating? And how soon too?

Regards

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:35 am

Right now there is no penatly, but it might be a good idea.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:07 am

Fatih already shows a delay factor on the stats based on departure and arrival times loaded in flight schedules
It wouldnt be a hard thing I would think to link to it

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:24 am

I have to say that if this kind of penalty was introduced, then a new page should appear as well when you are creating a flight, that states approximate time for the flight. For example, if you are flying 440 km, then the website should calculate the average jet aircraft speed of 440kmh, which then it would state that it would take one hour.
GoUS Executive Chairman
World Alliance Board of Directors

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:50 am

Miikoyan wrote:I have to say that if this kind of penalty was introduced, then a new page should appear as well when you are creating a flight, that states approximate time for the flight. For example, if you are flying 440 km, then the website should calculate the average jet aircraft speed of 440kmh, which then it would state that it would take one hour.
it would be better if it just took the the actual speed of the plane, instead of using an average number... and if multiple aircraft are on that route, then it should just use the length of time from the slowest aircraft on that route.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

cristian_WTR

Post by cristian_WTR » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:49 pm

It's a very good idea, but I think that in case the idea is developed into the system, it should only take care of the departure time as the arrival time could be affected by more external factors (wind, traffic and people flying online control....)

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:38 pm

cristian_WTR wrote:It's a very good idea, but I think that in case the idea is developed into the system, it should only take care of the departure time as the arrival time could be affected by more external factors (wind, traffic and people flying online control....)
I would think that on time arrival information is very important, when the flight does not arrive on time because of weather or because the airlines booked too many flights into an airport for the runways to handle the goverment still counts it as a delayed flight. But there are a lot of issues to make this practical. Whose clock determines on time (flynets or the users computer), how does pausing or flying at 16x effect it. Are the airlines route times entered in local time or GMT.

If all a pilot has to do to qualify as an on time flight is start there flight on the runway at the scheduled time then I don't think there is much point.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:37 pm

Hi,

One thing to bear in mind is the pilots preference to flying daylight or night flights. I like to vary my flights. If an on time departure was required to avoid penalties, then I'd either have to adhere to the current flightplans which means all pilots would fly at that time, or I'd need to replicate the network with different departure times to give pilots the choice of day/night flights. As things are we have the choice of our own preferred departure time. I really don't want to have 2 or 3 flightplans on each route with different departure times to satisfy pilots possible preferences.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:31 pm

i would say this should be more of a perference fromt he ceo... if they want this then they can... i like flying the same routes when i fly so its typical for me to do flights back to back, to back, to back, etc... or even just to routes... it just depends on why im flying...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:41 am

Well, we could make it a selection choice available when you start your airline:
Would you like to have a more realism setting?
If pressed yes, then several things would appear, like this one:
Would you like to have a Punctuality Policy?

That way, if an airline wants to have more realism, they would be able to, while people who wants to fly anytime they want but dont want to make different versions of the flightplan, both would be satisfied.

Anyways, I think this post should be moved to New ideas section (or whatever thats called).
GoUS Executive Chairman
World Alliance Board of Directors

Tomesk
Ticket Agent

Post by Tomesk » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:50 am

Quantum wrote:Hi,

One thing to bear in mind is the pilots preference to flying daylight or night flights. I like to vary my flights. If an on time departure was required to avoid penalties, then I'd either have to adhere to the current flightplans which means all pilots would fly at that time, or I'd need to replicate the network with different departure times to give pilots the choice of day/night flights. As things are we have the choice of our own preferred departure time. I really don't want to have 2 or 3 flightplans on each route with different departure times to satisfy pilots possible preferences.

Rgds

John
Since connections and actual routes aren't really modeled, how about a 'flight duration' attribute. Take off anytime you want, but you need to land/gates within +/- X minutes of takeoff time + flight duration?

Tom M.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:41 am

Miikoyan wrote:...
Anyways, I think this post should be moved to New ideas section (or whatever thats called).
Agreed

cristian_WTR

Post by cristian_WTR » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:04 pm

Instead to be an airline option (when creating) I think it should be applicable to all airlines but perhaps the penalty should be applied to the pilot if he is late/early and the percentage in relation to the delay (minor changes applicable to the company)

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:57 pm

Hi,

My views are that there are too many variables to take into account.

Departing on time requires multi flightplans if you want to give pilots a choice.
Arriving on time depends on winds aloft, model being used in the sim etc. Do all B747's etc whatever model you use fly at same speeds? I think not.
If you have a FP with multi types, they probably cruise at different altitudes/speeds so that also causes a problem.

I don't think penalties should be given for non-punctuality. You could maybe award a small bonus ? You could award the bonus to the pilot if he arrives on time. No bonus for departing on time as it's just a simple matter of setting sim. This would then give an automatic enhancement if you want to fly this way, without overcomplicating things or getting grumbles from those that just want to enjoy thier flying at whatever time of day they want to fly.

rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:13 am

Do you use average speed or posted arrival time on the route. If you use average speed and the route westbound flys against the jet stream it may always be late, which in real life the flight planner would take into account, but would get penalised with that proposal. If you use posted arrival time then its really dependant on how good the routes are setup, if the CEO underestimates the time needed they will get penalized a lot, if the over estimate they will smell like roses but in real life will lose money.

i agree with Quantum that there are that there are too many variables to take into account.