Taxi Speeds

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:54 pm

its an exception NOT the rule Tom, and I read your post and responded properly as I said.

I'll go back and repeat myself, Konny and DaKurt had to apply some sort speed and I feel that its liveable with.
There is very simple answer if you dont like the rules :)

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:13 pm

IslandBum wrote:...and quitcherbitchin - Hey Chris, did I spellthat correctly ;)
It's quitchyerbitchin'. (Source: The Redneck Dictionary, Foxworthy) <- Got it for Christmas with the 2nd Volume.

Also, on those taxiways where high speed is approve, the key word is - "With ATC Approval". This means that, like the 250 knot restriction, someone has to give you permission. Assume that with FlyNET, ATC hasn't given you permission and work within the restrictions. :)

ALZ150

Post by ALZ150 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:10 pm

In last days several pilots of our aerolinea was penalizaed because the exceding 25 knots. But in three times they was stopped and the speed was the wind It is possible repair that in a new flynet version?
Thanks

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:26 pm

Guys, if you have such lead filled shoes, either accept the penalty or lift off the power. "It lifts just as easily as it goes down" - i know this applies to cars, but it just as well fits this scenario

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:12 am

ALZ150 wrote:In last days several pilots of our aerolinea was penalizaed because the exceding 25 knots. But in three times they was stopped and the speed was the wind It is possible repair that in a new flynet version?
Thanks
Sorry, but if they got penalized, it was because they broke the speed limit on ground speed. We can't make this clear enough - the system issues the penalty based on ground speed not indicated air speed. If you were getting penalized while sitting still, then you need to check your Flight Simulator because something is happening on your end that is telling the FlyNET client you're doing more than 25 knots ground speed.

ALZ150

Post by ALZ150 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:07 am

Thank you for your response

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:28 pm

Ah, this old chestnut.

"I got dinged, we should change the rule"

:Rolleyes:

Oh well, as Chris has said, and as I will add: ATC very rarely (ie: Effectively Never) clears aircraft to go beyond 250kts under 10k ft. If they ever do, heads roll, since it generally means the controller screwed up something fierce.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:31 pm

cmdrnmartin wrote:Oh well, as Chris has said, and as I will add: ATC very rarely (ie: Effectively Never) clears aircraft to go beyond 250kts under 10k ft. If they ever do, heads roll, since it generally means the controller screwed up something fierce.
That's true for North America only Justin. We've been over this issue multiple times too. In Europe it's very different and high-speed climbs are more normal, but as most Airline Operation Manuals use 250 knots or less under 10K anyway, then it's not a big issue and thus not in need of change.

FITER
Ticket Agent

Re: Taxi Speeds

Post by FITER » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:27 pm

I do agree with all of ya!. Mainly because in real life there is not speed restcitions to taxi by airports' authorities (within a comprenhansive speed), They might have spped restrictions on taxi only by the carrier.

Sometimes, I get penalised taxing at 23kts, there is a conflict IAS speed, and what the client receives.

Taking this into consideration, I would vote to set the penalty on 30kts, instead of the "25kts" we have now, I understand there must be a limit otherwise everyone would get to the holding point in seconds.

Thanks

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:36 pm

According to my 737NG AOM

" The normal straight away taxi speed should not exceed approximately 20 knots. Speeds in excess of this, when combined with long taxi distances, cause heat buildup in the tires. When approaching a turn, speed should be slowed to the appropriate speed for the conditions. On a dry surface, use approximately 8 to 12 knots."

So the current 25kt limit already gives you a margin over real world limitations.

Alky
Ticket Agent

Post by Alky » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:08 am

Do a search at AVSIM on "groundhandling", it's a gauge you can install on the panel and it will govern the speed you wish to taxi at. It controls the throttle, you control the brakes & rudder :)
George "Alky®" Fisher