VA Name censor

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

VA Name censor

Post by Miikoyan » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:16 am

Shouldnt there be one so that no one can name their airline after people who have done bad stuffs, like Osama Air or Saddam Air?
GoUS Executive Chairman
World Alliance Board of Directors

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:44 am

has anyone even named it that?
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:56 am

NAZI Airline.
GoUS Executive Chairman

sp762
FSAirlines Support

Post by sp762 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:44 am

Believe it or not, there are FlyNET support people who police such things.

If somebody has named their airline NAZI air, or something equally odious, please drop me a line and I'll sort it out.

Cheers

Moderator Mike
Mike Wilson

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:54 am

but the only thing is, the swastica (i think that how u spell it), and the nazi werent bad things until hitler came.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:33 am

Sometimes there are provocative names for some and not for others. Personally, I have no problem whatever name someone uses but I also understand those who have. It's perfectly understood. Hwoever, I want to spot the attention not to overdo that "censorship" if we could call it such. Osama bin Laden (I hope I wrote it right) may have done bad things but Osama is also just a name, and the same holds true for Saddam or Adolph. Even "Nazi" is just a word expressing just a way of thinking and believing things, although much different than mine (don't misunderstand my words). Hatred was the trigger for all those actions. It's not good to reply with hatred against those names which happen to be the names of peaceful and "good" people as well, all around the world. It leads nowhere.
In addition, it is also a matter of point of view. Someone who lost a family in Serbia or in Iraq could consider the names Clinton and Bush (not talking about "bush flying" :))hated and provocative as well. Do you get my point? It's not the names but the actions to condemn.
Before a firy war starts in FlyNet, I wish to spot that the above is just my personally way of thinnking. Nothing more, nothing less.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:41 pm

The VA in question was removed for two reasons - 1) It was a blatantly provocative name and setup. 2) The person who "founded" the VA was a member who had been removed twice prior for cheating. I also removed a second VA started by the same person with a similarly provocative name.

We do look and watch as much as possible, but if you have a problem with a VA name, let one of the DB Admins know.

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:39 am

k. Just found that offensive, people back in Soviet times taught us (the young innocent kids) that Stalin was our hero and we should stop Hitler alike people and the fascism. But thats what we were taught, and I know better. Not saying anything bad about Hitler or the Nazi.

Before the war started, Hitler was a good man (thats what I believe). I did a research back in 2005, and realized that the only reasons he is thought to be a bad person is:
a) because of WW2
b) because of the Holocaust.
I mean before the WW2 and all those messed up stuffs, he was the hero of Germany, brought back the economy, made the people happy, u know?
GoUS Executive Chairman

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:41 am

and until WWII and hilter came to power the nazi was a group of business men, or something like that, but it wasnt bad at all.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

sp762
FSAirlines Support

Post by sp762 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:27 am

Well, I'm sure the point has been made, so I'm going to lock this thread.

Anyone who wants to debate the virtues or otherwise of Nazism - well, there's probably a forum out there in the ether for you. Please don't do it here.

Moderator Mike
Mike Wilson