Flight booking

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

UFO
Ticket Agent

Post by UFO » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:20 am

Hi FlightSimmer,

Ok that I understand.
What I am referring to is for example just now, I am stationed in WIII (Jakarta). Under the VA flight plan there are 2 flights with green dots which mean the flights and aircraft (VC9) is available for booking (red dot means the flight is booked). But if you go to the Book Flight site under Personal/Pilot there is no flights at all for booking. I am rated for all type of aircrafts.

Unless there is a different meaning of available flights (not booked) under the VA Flights Plan, my understanding is that those flights are also available under the Personal/Pilot "Book Flight" site. :)

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:29 am

is this, on a pirvate va site, or just under the va section on thte flynet site?
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

UFO
Ticket Agent

Post by UFO » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:38 am

It is under the VA site of FlyNet

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:30 am

the only thing i could think of is if the a/c has multi versions and ur rated for a diff. 1 than wat u r trying to fly
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

UFO
Ticket Agent

Post by UFO » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:52 am

In this case the a/c is the same type and I can fly every plane in the VA. But ok thanks any how for you replies.

Cheers,

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:56 am

did u get it working?
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:34 am

UFO wrote:What I am referring to is for example just now, I am stationed in WIII (Jakarta). Under the VA flight plan there are 2 flights with green dots which mean the flights and aircraft (VC9) is available for booking (red dot means the flight is booked). But if you go to the Book Flight site under Personal/Pilot there is no flights at all for booking. I am rated for all type of aircrafts.

Unless there is a different meaning of available flights (not booked) under the VA Flights Plan, my understanding is that those flights are also available under the Personal/Pilot "Book Flight" site. :)
The green dot only says that nobody booked that flight, it doesn't mean that there's also a plane available.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

UFO
Ticket Agent

Post by UFO » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:37 pm

In this case there is no relation directly between the Flight Plan under the VA site and the Book Flight under the Personal site. So what is the propose of the Flight Plan then if it shows a flight schedule complete with the a/c and an indication that can show a booked or unbooked flight? If somebody go to the Flight Plan site and see an unbooked flight in a particular airport he/she must get the assumption there is a flight schedule open to fly! :?

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:53 pm

UFO wrote:In this case there is no relation directly between the Flight Plan under the VA site and the Book Flight under the Personal site. So what is the propose of the Flight Plan then if it shows a flight schedule complete with the a/c and an indication that can show a booked or unbooked flight? If somebody go to the Flight Plan site and see an unbooked flight in a particular airport he/she must get the assumption there is a flight schedule open to fly! :?
the flight plan is for the ceo to make, edit, or delete flights... but it can also be used to look at the ticket prices by pilots if they want to fly the flight that will make the most money. the only time i use it besides making, editing, or deleting flights, is if im gonna fly and i try to fly the flights that make more money, so i would look at the prices. or it could be used to see if there are flights booked/ in route.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:23 pm

UFO wrote:In this case there is no relation directly between the Flight Plan under the VA site and the Book Flight under the Personal site. So what is the propose of the Flight Plan then if it shows a flight schedule complete with the a/c and an indication that can show a booked or unbooked flight? If somebody go to the Flight Plan site and see an unbooked flight in a particular airport he/she must get the assumption there is a flight schedule open to fly! :?
Hi,

The Flightplan page and the book flight page are completely different. The Flightplan page will let you see ALL flightplans that are 'filed' for your VA. If you wish to book a flight there are other criteria that must be met before you will see the flightplan in the list of flights that you are able to book.

a. There must be an available aircraft of the type which is specified on the flightplan.
b. YOU the pilot must have a valid Type Rating for that aircraft

If there is no aircraft of the type on the plan, or if the aircraft is already booked by another pilot, or you don't have a valid type rating then you will NOT be offered the flightplan as there is no point.

I take it UFO, that you are Hash ? If so, you will find no VHA aircraft at WIII which is why you don't have a flight available to book.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

UFO
Ticket Agent

Post by UFO » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:33 am

:) Flight Simmer and John

Thank you for the explanation. I was a bit confused in the beginning and to tell you the truth I am still confused :)

But I'll just follow what everybody does and the main thing have fun !!! :D

John, yes I am Hash :)

Cheers,

UFO
Ticket Agent

Re: Flight booking

Post by UFO » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:38 am

Konny,

Any thoughts on following up the below issue?
Toiletmot wrote:This might have been mentioned already didn't look around on the forum but..
how about booking a flight on the flynet client rather than have to go to the website to book a flight?
just a thought..would be much more convenient
Konny wrote:yup, that's definitely not a bad idea but we first have to concentrate on the things only the client can do. That's more important for the moment, but when things improve we might talk about this again.
Thanks