Distance dependant pax amount

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

ATCDevil

Distance dependant pax amount

Post by ATCDevil » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:56 pm

Hi,

I made a flight with an A340 from EDDM to ETSE, which are actually 7NM apart, and back...

The Airbus was filled with 301 and 281 pax. The relation between profit and time was very high in comparison to flights on which the Airbus is normally used...

With the current pax-system you really don't have to think about which aircraft you use. If you like you can take an A388 for a short range flight, in case of high reputation, you get all 535 seats occupied... and get a lot of money for a short working and flying time

So my idea is a distance dependant pax amount for the flights.

For example you get for each 10NM of distance 1 pax. The simplified formula could look like this:

0.1 x distance of flight x reputation factor x additional factors (season, world economic situation,...)

Then you have to think about which aircraft you have to use for a certain route to maximize your profit.

Criticisms, additional ideas, comments, complaints?

Greets

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:03 am

Very nice idea...though would it not make life harder for those start up virtual airlines who can not afford to fly long distance?
GoUS Executive Chairman
World Alliance Board of Directors

ATCDevil

Post by ATCDevil » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:12 am

Which airline in reality could really afford long distance flights from their beginning? If you like to pick up long range routes you will have to work for it... ;)

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:20 am

The thing is, you realistically need to use the correct type of aircraft for the route. No-one would realistically use that aircraft on a route of that distance. It is the CEO's responsibility to make sure flights like that don't get flightplans. Not everyone flies large capacity aircraft so what you suggest would penalise operators of small aircrafts. Once you've got an aircraft on your fleet long distance flights with it ARE affordable and you are not restricted to short sectors.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:27 am

I agree with you
GoUS Executive Chairman

ATCDevil

Post by ATCDevil » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:34 am

It is the CEO's responsibility to make sure flights like that don't get flightplans.
Of course it is. But they are also able to use this "backdoor" for earning much money really quick...

Not everyone flies large capacity aircraft so what you suggest would penalise operators of small aircrafts.
Somehow I don't get the point why... :(

Greets...

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:35 am

what hes saying, is anyflight can be profitable. hes trying to make sort of a supply and demand, with the area being flown. example: a flight from jfk to boston. only a 150nm trip i think or something like that. that normally would be considered a regional in RW, because A) its a short flight and B) it would carry less people, because of its short distance, and most likely not alot of people going to either airport. now u could fly a a380 on a regional flight and make tons of money here. i think what he is trying to ask, is make it so that no matter wat a certain amount of pax will only go on that flight so that way that route would use a smaller a/c and pretty much cause the people that using the large a/c on short regional flights to start using the "regional" a/c for the flights or else they will be loosing a lot of money each flight.

that is how i thought it was when i first came here, i planed my fleet, so that i had an aircraft for range of pax for a route. but then i found out that wasnt how it was, then i just bought the big stuff.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:37 am

wow i started that post when miikoyan replied for the first time, guess i take a long time to right replies... :lol: :lol: :lol:

i like the idea. i have thought about it many times
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:54 am

ATCDevil wrote:
Not everyone flies large capacity aircraft so what you suggest would penalise operators of small aircrafts.
Somehow I don't get the point why... :(

Greets...
On short commuter flights, for example within the Channel Islands and Scottish Isles the distances short so load factors would be very small.

Rgds

John
ImageImage

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:01 am

but how many people actually fly on the flight in real world?
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:21 am

flightsimer wrote:wow i started that post when miikoyan replied for the first time, guess i take a long time to right replies... :lol: :lol: :lol:

i like the idea. i have thought about it many times
I type extremely fast...I can type up to 120 words per minute (if I am in the right mood), but usually I type around 80-100 words per minute.
GoUS Executive Chairman

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:23 am

well i check mine, and i multitask, so must of the times i get side tracked, i type 60-100 range.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:24 am

sweet m8
GoUS Executive Chairman

ATCDevil

Post by ATCDevil » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:28 am

On short commuter flights, for example within the Channel Islands and Scottish Isles the distances short so load factors would be very small.
Alright. What aircraft is usually used and what is the average distance (as a rule of thumb)?

Greets...

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:31 am

That route doesn't matter really as it is just one of many routes that would lose lots of pax. A 44 seat a/c would need to travel 440nm to get a full load. An A380 would need to travel 5000nm + to get a full load.
A typical 'Easy Jet/Ryanair flight of say 200nm would only get 20 pax. Yours sums just don't work.

Rgds

John
ImageImage