Pay System?

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

MickeyMouse

Pay System?

Post by MickeyMouse » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:18 pm

I'm a newbie, so if I'm off base, please be kind (smile).

Should there be a different pay system for executive flights? I once had to check on chartering a Gulf IV here in the States from Phoenix, Arizona to Salem, Oregon for two people. It was going to cost $12,000 one way. The same flight via a commercial flight was about $450 per person one way.

also... is there different pay scales per miles flown? Flights cost more the further you fly, plus this would also encourage someone to fly a long haul flight compared to just local flights.

Thanks and sorry if these items have already came up.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Re: Pay System?

Post by cmdrnmartin » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:10 pm

MickeyMouse wrote:I'm a newbie, so if I'm off base, please be kind (smile).

Should there be a different pay system for executive flights? I once had to check on chartering a Gulf IV here in the States from Phoenix, Arizona to Salem, Oregon for two people. It was going to cost $12,000 one way. The same flight via a commercial flight was about $450 per person one way.

also... is there different pay scales per miles flown? Flights cost more the further you fly, plus this would also encourage someone to fly a long haul flight compared to just local flights.

Thanks and sorry if these items have already came up.
I like the excutive flights, but I think we'd need to make some rules for them, ie, max passenger 12 or something like that, if it's desginated as an Excutive flight. And to answer your second question, yes, people pay more the further the distance of the flght. Believe it or not, Long Hauls are not always as profitable as I;d like them to be, sure, it's a signifigant amount of money, but theres a signifigant fuel cost too... All things considered, I have my international flights for prestige, more than for the money.

MickeyMouse

Post by MickeyMouse » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:32 pm

LOL, yea I agree about limiting the executive flights. You couldn't have one with a 747 now could you LOL. I would think it should be limited to whatever the big Gulf IV or V will do since you guys already have one.

Cool on the long haul flights but I sort of understand the fuel situation.

Thanks for the response.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:43 pm

MickeyMouse wrote:LOL, yea I agree about limiting the executive flights. You couldn't have one with a 747 now could you LOL. I would think it should be limited to whatever the big Gulf IV or V will do since you guys already have one.

Cool on the long haul flights but I sort of understand the fuel situation.

Thanks for the response.
We don't own a Gulf... :?

But anyways, have a look at this thread: It has some good tips in it about making cash, money and how to optimize your airline:
http://flynet.en-studios.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=330

MickeyMouse

Post by MickeyMouse » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:40 pm

??

You show a Gulf V in your list of Aircraft, I just couldn't afford it.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:05 pm

Oh, I thought you meant my airline :oops: But yes, Flynet has a big line up of Gulfs to purchase. (But may I suggest an Embraer of some type, generally they're a tad more efficient than the learjets)

MickeyMouse

Post by MickeyMouse » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:16 pm

Yea, I'm getting the idea that if I can get ahead down the road, the 170 would be a nice ride because I can load up 70 seats. I've flown the 170 many times and enjoy it.

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:46 pm

MickeyMouse wrote:LOL, yea I agree about limiting the executive flights. You couldn't have one with a 747 now could you LOL.

...or even better. Think of a one class A380 full of executives!! *eyes glimming*
CEO
Ionathan Airlines