Some ideas from AE and VAF

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Some ideas from AE and VAF

Post by Miikoyan » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:56 am

Some ideas I got while playing Airline Empires...
-airport gate fee
-you need as many gates as the amount of aircraft you have on that airport within an hour

-engine choice
-this may be hard, but being able to choose the type of engine you want
-the price depends on the engine, it may be either less or more expensive depending on the engine you choose

I got these ideas from VAFinancials....
-Economy/Business/First Class seatings
-setting that 2 ecomomy seats equals 1 business seat, and 3 economy seats equals 1 first class, and so on
-being able to set different fares for each classes (this idea has been requested a lot..just felt like posting)

This aint too hard, is it? It's not that comprehensive...and this is a mid-way point between being way too realistic and way too being complex...no?

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:57 pm

I will disagree with the gate fees (i.e. per month) as it would require a slavery to flying in FlyNet in order to overcome the expenses and this is something I (and many other users) would not like (or tolerate). Airline Empires has AI pilots to "fly" all the time (based on the schedule) to cover those expenses but this is not a feature of FlyNet.

I agree on the different seating configurations but it would be difficult to implement (I think). Ok, it would be simple while purchasing an aircraft, cloning the aircrafts and use different prices and capacities. For example, instead of seeing just one B744 in the aircraft types, we could have B744_1_class, B744_2_clacss, B744_3_class. However, during your career as a CEO you might wish to reconfigure your aircrafts. I don't think that would be easy. Even if we could swap an owned aircraft's type (i.e. class_3 to class_2) paying a reconfiguration expense amount, we should also consider dividing the seating demand on all classes. As if this is not enough, we should also have up to three different ticket prices for each flight, which should then become active/inactive anytime we reconfigure our aircrafts by adding or removing classes, not only in number but also in type. Someone should be able to remove the business class keeping only economy and first class and so on. It's much more complicated than it seems.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:55 pm

what about dynamic ticket prices....

think about it, in real world ticket prices are always changing. it all depends on fuel. u might book a flight in march for a flight in november
for 80 bucks round trip, but when november comes the trip is up arround 300.

so you would set the standard price, then a certain amount would be under, over, at, etc...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:28 pm

flightsimer wrote:what about dynamic ticket prices....

think about it, in real world ticket prices are always changing. it all depends on fuel. u might book a flight in march for a flight in november
for 80 bucks round trip, but when november comes the trip is up arround 300.

so you would set the standard price, then a certain amount would be under, over, at, etc...
In the end, it tends to average out though, so why complicate things?
(Beyond which, our usership drops off during the holidays, so higher tickets during that time would mean nothing since less people are on flight sim anyways)

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:53 am

the gate fees would be small...like 5000 dollars per gate at JFK, requiring you to fly only once in a week to pay a month fee...or is that still complicated?

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:31 am

south west airlines has over 30 flights a day out kpit, but only use 2 gates. so how whould u figure out how many gates u have.
i just thought about this... but wat if it was taken a step further... what if u had to "buy" (rent) the gates, and once the real world amount of gates get bought at the airport, then no more airlines can come in. so say there is 20 gates at an airport, and 15 are owned by airline A and 3 are owned by airline B then only 2 could be owned by airline C, etc... this would require some time to get the total number of gates, but could offer a bit of realism.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:30 am

that kinda could be unfair, you know?

As I said in the very first post, you have to have a gate for each aircraft that's at the airport at the same time. If you have a maximum of 10 aircraft at the airport at the airport (like me), then you need to rent 10 gates, because thats the amount of aircraft thats at the aircraft at the same time.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:52 am

well it reallly wouldnt be...

first every aircraft doesnt have there own gate. take south west. as i said before they have 30+ daily departures out of KPIT but they only use 2 gates. so thats why im saying u would have to "Bid" or "rent" a certain amounts of gates, not just going by how many aircraft u have their. plus u will have hangars, so there will be a/c in them too.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways