"ANY" choice in a flightplan for aircraft type

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

sturman
Ticket Agent

"ANY" choice in a flightplan for aircraft type

Post by sturman » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:32 am

"ANY" choice in a flightplan for aircraft type will serv a good service. It will reduce our shedules, and it will simplify codesharing.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:33 am

Disagree. This is a cheat for lazy managers and nothing more. Real world airlines don't just let any airplane fly on any route. If you want more than one type on a route, then make a flight for each aircraft. There is planned to be a feature to allow easier equipment substitution, but that's down the road.

alpet

Post by alpet » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:57 am

Agree. For example, SkyExpress in real life can fly to Rostov on 733 and 735 too by the same flight#.

sturman
Ticket Agent

Post by sturman » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:33 am

CAPFlyer wrote:... Real world airlines don't just let any airplane fly on any route.
Really? I know many examples that thay do. Tu-154B2 and Tu-154M is different types in FlyNet, but in real life it makes some flights. Also Tu-204 And Airbus A320 of Vladivostok Air makes some fligts.
How may I make codesharing with company which uses other type aircrafts? I don't may. Is this really as in life?

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:33 am

First, if your idea was implimented as you suggest, then when a VA sets the flight to "ANY" for the aircraft, you could have one pilot fly it with a An-2 and one fly it with a Tu-204. If you want to fly multiple types of aircraft on the same route, simply create the flight multiple times and change the aircraft type assigned for the flight. Yes, they won't have the same flight number, but that's the way it is until Konny gets around to being able to redo the flight creation system.

As for code sharing -

1) You don't have to have the same aircraft flying the route to code share. If you and your codeshare partner are flying the same route, then you have a conflict. Only requirement is that your pilots have type ratings in the aircraft on the other airline's routes that you share.

2) Codesharing on FlyNET and real world are two different things. Read Konny's thread on what Airline Partnerships (Codeshares) mean in FlyNET.
Last edited by CAPFlyer on Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matthew
Captain

Post by Matthew » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:39 am

I think you could perhaps have a feature that allows you to assign more than one aircraft to a Route.

Look at Monarch Airlines

I fly Luton and Gatwick to Alicante with them many times

sometimes A320 some A321 some B757. Changes everytime

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:41 am

Again, multiple aircraft assigned (i.e. substitution) will be allowed in the future. I just don't agree with having an "any" button/selection.

Matthew
Captain

Post by Matthew » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:33 am

CAPFlyer wrote:Again, multiple aircraft assigned (i.e. substitution) will be allowed in the future. I just don't agree with having an "any" button/selection.
Ok i agree with that!

sturman
Ticket Agent

Post by sturman » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:50 am

CAPFlyer wrote:... I just don't agree with having an "any" button/selection.
"ANY" button is only way to solve the problem, which really exist. And you see it. May be ANY-solution is simpliest. :)

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:08 pm

Stepan, you show me an airline that flies "ANY" airplane on "ANY" route and I'll show you a company that won't last. Again, what you are proposing is to allow your pilots to choose any aircraft in your fleet. The problem is again unintended consequences - airlines that have small and large aircraft will have pilots trying to fly the small aircraft on routes that require the large ones if there's an "ANY" button instead of the ability to assign multiple types. If you want to assign all types, then select each one and add it to the assignment to the route, but to have "ANY" or "ONE" as your options does not work.

sturman
Ticket Agent

Post by sturman » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:17 pm

I agree that ability to assign multiple types is more better. But where it is and when it will be? :)

Matthew
Captain

Post by Matthew » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:08 am

CAPFlyer wrote:Stepan, you show me an airline that flies "ANY" airplane on "ANY" route and I'll show you a company that won't last. Again, what you are proposing is to allow your pilots to choose any aircraft in your fleet. The problem is again unintended consequences - airlines that have small and large aircraft will have pilots trying to fly the small aircraft on routes that require the large ones if there's an "ANY" button instead of the ability to assign multiple types. If you want to assign all types, then select each one and add it to the assignment to the route, but to have "ANY" or "ONE" as your options does not work.
I agree ANY aircraft on Route will not work. But working in aviation for a long time .

If they have the Airbus A320 assigned to one flight, and that sells our fairly quick, they will look to use a larger aircraft at the A321 same goes vice verser, If they sells much less seats they will reduce the aircraft size. which saves fuel and extra cabin crew costs.

Matthew
Captain

Post by Matthew » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:09 am

obviously airlines that operate a one aircraft type such as Ryanair, easyjet (base) there aircraft will always be the same if they have 40 pax or 140 pax

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:25 am

Although this was not the main subject of this thread I believe is is closely related from a specific perspective and it is not other than codeshares. COnsider the following example:

Ionathan flies LGAV-KJFK using a B744.
Airline A flies KJFK-KLAX using a B773.

If Airline A codeshares to me their flight (KJFK-KLAX) I cannot actually fly it simply because I don't have a B773 in New York. Any suggestions on this? Could it be fixed in the future? Maybe acceptiogn the codeshare I could create a replica (non conflicting) assignign my own aircraft type. Of course that is not the way codeshares occur in real life but codesharing is anyway different in FlyNet. ANy other ideas would also be welcomed.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines