Default Aircraft Pictures

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Should VA Liveries be Default Pictures?

Yes
32%
No!!!
68%

Total votes: 28

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Default Aircraft Pictures

Post by cmdrnmartin » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:57 pm

This has always bugged me, VA photos as the default image for an aircraft type. The A333 and the DC-10 are two that off the top of my head come to mind.

I think all our default aircraft photos should be real world liveried aircraft, not free advertising for a VA.

Feel free to vote, and post names of aircraft who's default image is that of a VA's aircraft.

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:14 pm

If you mean the a/c images in our VA fleet section my answer is no. If the public section or our sig banners I am comfy with what it is now but we can also use factory default images.
Cheers,
Arslan

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:21 pm

You would still be able to upload your VAs livery to your personal fleet. However, the default (ie the one that shows up in sigs) should not be a VA airline. My sig right now is a ANA 773ER, if it got switched to the A333, there'd be an Ionathan airlines A333 there.

Cargopax

Re: Default Aircraft Pictures

Post by Cargopax » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:23 pm

cmdrnmartin wrote: I think all our default aircraft photos should be real world liveried aircraft, not free advertising for a VA.
Agree, and voted "yes".

Cheers

Xolon

Post by Xolon » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:37 am

The signature/tracker should use real world airline photo's.

But VA's should still be able to to upload their own aircraft image at aircrafts they bought. (this option should be disabled if your leasing an a/c).

so i voted 'yes'.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:54 am

If the last two people voted yes, then you're not reading the question. The question pertains to *ONLY* the default aircraft picture for each aircraft type, not the individual pictures that are uploaded for each aircraft.

BTW - I'm not sure why Justin felt the need to start this poll. The issue was made very clear by Konny almost a year ago - No VA images for the aircraft type default picture. The reason Ionathan is still on the two that Justin sees is simple - No One Submitted A Real One After the Ruling Was Made As Requested by Konny. He asked for people to send him images of those airplanes, and it's obvious that no one did, so the only person Justin has to blame for the failure is himself.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:38 pm

Actually Cappy, I'm bringing it up to raise awareness. Just because I noticed the problem a year ago, doesn't mean I saw all instances of the problem. You'll note that part of my post explained that I want people to look through all the aircraft, to see if they can spot liveries that don't belong.

As to me not doing anything, I've already submitted a DC-10 photo within the past 4 days, in addition to the multitude of aircraft photos that i submitted very early on, such as the 773ER, the B753, 763, 737 and MD11 to name a few.

Xolon

Post by Xolon » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:02 pm

1) i did read the question and other replies. Aswell did i said yes to the question. I just added something to make my opinion clear.
2) and were can we submit these photos of real airliners?