New Features For Client Software?

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

dogfighter2111

New Features For Client Software?

Post by dogfighter2111 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:58 pm

Hey,

I was wondering, if the following features could be added to the Client:

- Refuel at any airport. In case you have not filled your aircraft with enough fuel, would it be possible to impliment this feature so if you land at an airport that is not in the Flight Plan then you can refuel your aircraft.

- Crash effects on aircraft. Not exactly crash effects, but say if the % of an aircraft MX goes down as low as 85% then things start to fail. e.g. Engines, Gear, Brakes etc.

Anyone want this aswell, or think they would be good features?

Thanks
Mike

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:54 pm

I don't like the refuel part - airlines should plan well enough to not have to get some more fuel
But I like the failing elements to the aircrafts - makes the airlines have to keep their aircrafts in top shape.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:01 pm

A simple version of inflight-failures is already included. But you probably don't notice anything because you always keep your aircrafts in a good shape ;-)

On the beginning of each flight the client randomly chooses a number between 0 and 100, and if the current status of the aircraft is below that number you will experience an engine failure or a gear stuck. Not very much I know, but I'll add more failures later.
And something I also would like to add are failures which are caused by the pilot. I'm thinking of damaged flaps/gear when you lower them too early, engine failures when overstressed, etc.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Safari Air
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Safari Air » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:06 pm

my aircraft was what 95% and i experienced some engine failures today, but it's sorted now (aircraft repaired)
Thanks
Geoff

oneSky CEO

Post by oneSky CEO » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:41 am

Konny wrote:And something I also would like to add are failures which are caused by the pilot. I'm thinking of damaged flaps/gear when you lower them too early, engine failures when overstressed, etc.
This is a very worthwhile feature in my opinion. The same sort of process is available in FsPassengers as well. I think this is one of the most important aspects in the real world and yet, an almost always overlooked and neglected aspect in the virtual world. Paying attention to flap speeds and the like forces pilots to pay close attention to what's going on and follow procedures.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:22 pm

oneSky CEO wrote:
Konny wrote:And something I also would like to add are failures which are caused by the pilot. I'm thinking of damaged flaps/gear when you lower them too early, engine failures when overstressed, etc.
This is a very worthwhile feature in my opinion. The same sort of process is available in FsPassengers as well. I think this is one of the most important aspects in the real world and yet, an almost always overlooked and neglected aspect in the virtual world. Paying attention to flap speeds and the like forces pilots to pay close attention to what's going on and follow procedures.
If we all had models and such that we're payware perhaps, I know of some models with ridiculous flap settings and values.

(Regardless, Im smart enough to use spoilers to slow a descent, something I only ever need to do in a 757 or 767)

As it is, I'd like to see the taxiing option changed, I keep doing high speed exits off runways and getting hammered for 25+knts taxi. Konny, could you change the default time to 45 or maybe 50 seconds after touchdown?

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:45 pm

I set it to 60s in my current version. I only wanted to wait till I get more new stuff added before releasing it. Ok, there is also the 250 IAS ( instead of TAS :-) ) limit below FL100 and a new anti-cheat function I added. Maybe this is enough.
Hm, everything would be a lot easier if I made an auto-update function...

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:19 pm

cmdrnmartin wrote: As it is, I'd like to see the taxiing option changed, I keep doing high speed exits off runways and getting hammered for 25+knts taxi. Konny, could you change the default time to 45 or maybe 50 seconds after touchdown?
So true. Konny if it's at 60s already, could you make it a bit longer? Because airplanes don't slow down that fast on high-speed exits...

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:34 pm

Hm, 60s is quite a long time I think. But I could detect the taxi-state completely different. Not depending on the time but on the Ground Speed. If it goes below 30kts, the aircraft is in taxi-mode.
You could just stay above 30kts then, but it's very hard not to miss the taxiways with 35 kts ;-)

dogfighter2111

Post by dogfighter2111 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:08 pm

BigQ wrote:I don't like the refuel part - airlines should plan well enough to not have to get some more fuel
But I like the failing elements to the aircrafts - makes the airlines have to keep their aircrafts in top shape.
Wow, quite a few replies.

Well, i understand that but if you have Head Winds or any bad weather that is hard to predict then surely it'd be a good feature.

I have no idea about fuel planning to be honest, and i haven't yet found a helpful fuel planner for the type of aircraft i have been flying.

Ohh well, if there is any spare time do you think it could be added. :D

Thanks
Mike

oneSky CEO

Post by oneSky CEO » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:31 pm

Here is a nice fuel planner that will work for all of the 737 variants except the -100 and -600 (not sure why the -600 is special).

http://www.volny.cz/fs2002/B737FPL/B737FPL.htm

dogfighter2111

Post by dogfighter2111 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:52 pm

Any B767-200ER flight planners? :)

Thanks
Mike

oneSky CEO

Post by oneSky CEO » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:46 pm

I don't know of any 767 fuel planners but if you need flight planning, I would start here... http://simroutes.com/

You may want to browse around the Level-D website/forums as I'm sure that question has been asked there.

dogfighter2111

Post by dogfighter2111 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:18 am

Great, thanks.

I'll check them out.

Thanks
Mike

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:42 am

I have tried several fuel calculators. Some are good, some are rubbish not to mention differences in airplanes behaviour (compare the default 747 with the POSKY). In addition I don't want to have 20 different fuel calculators. So, I prefer keeping notes.
For example a 737 usually flies between FL210-FL240 for short flights (less than 1 hour) or FL320-FL330 for longer flights. What I do is to bring my airplane in cruise level with about 70% fuel and normal cruise speed (280 knots for 737) and see my FF indication.
CLimb and descend phases usually neutralize each other so I just multiply the above figure by the estimated flight's duration and add the required reserves.
Repeating the process once for each of my airplanes I have a good reference.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines