what about this

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

dontforget

what about this

Post by dontforget » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:16 pm

hi

i thought of having this

have the abilty to place aircraft into storage

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:49 pm

You could do this already, just fly it to an airport where you have no routes usually and then delete the flightplan that you used to get it there. Voila! your aircraft is now in 'storage'.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:52 pm

What is the advantage of putting an aircraft in storage? There is no cost if you leave them at your primary hub and don't use them.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:08 pm

I hope this will change soon ;) Konny and me talked about Airport tax you have to pay when you land or use a parking space.

cheers
DaKurt
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

dontforget

Post by dontforget » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:31 pm

thats a good idea about airport tax

Wolfar100
Chief Pilot

Post by Wolfar100 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:15 pm

DITTO! Good idea about airport tax! :D
Wolfar

Wolf AirLines CEO
http://members.cox.net/wolfar/index.htm

20 Year US Navy Retired
Former Squadron CO and founder:
1997~2003
JG2, JG26, Strike Masters

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:37 pm

Not too sure about the landing fee, just another expense on the flights that lowers margins but does not really change things much. An parking fee sounds more interesting but like to hear more of the details.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Rainbowdancer

Post by Rainbowdancer » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:43 am

Yeah, that sounds interesting!

But parking-spots may vary in the price to pay and when FS advises you to roll to Gate 1 or 2 and so on, you just have to pay for that raskal and you have no choice of getting a cheaper one, except your brain comes up and lets you fly away to another airport :D :D :D

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:50 am

joefremont wrote:Not too sure about the landing fee, just another expense on the flights that lowers margins but does not really change things much. An parking fee sounds more interesting but like to hear more of the details.
Joe, sadly, landing fees are a real fee that airlines pay at every airport which they operate from. The fee pays (mainly) for the maintenance of the runway and taxiways they use since the amount of damage done to them depends on the weight of the aircraft. In the real world (and hopefully on FlyNET) the fee paid by the airline is based on the aircraft's MTOW and is charged per 1000LBS or KG depending on what part of the world they're in. Since FlyNET uses KG for all of its weight metrics, then the fees would logically be per 1000KG. This fee would change somewhat between airports, much like the fuel, but the difference in variation tends to be a bit smaller than with fuel and only changes infrequently (unusual to see more than one change a year at an airport).

Parking Fees are also assesed (usually as a "Gate Fee") but typically are for renting the gate and floor space for the month, not a per-flight fee. There is also a "ramp fee" that airlines have to pay for parking aircraft for more than "X" number of hours (varies by airport) to try and keep airlines from occupying gates and ramp space for inordinate amounts of time. There are also Daily Ramp fees that supercede the ramp fees and are much lower (compared to paying the hourly rate for a whole day) and intended for airlines or owners that want to leave a plane at an airport for a day or two and tow it to a remote area of the airport where it's out of the way while waiting. Fees between gates don't vary on an airport. If you don't hold a lease for a gate, then you will be charged the airport rate. Some airports have different rates for different sized airplanes (i.e. a CRJ won't pay as much to use a gate as a 747) but the airports tend to divide the rates into 3-4 "categories" of aircraft instead of setting a price per aircraft type.

There are literally over a hundred different charges that can be assesed on an airline during the operation of a single flight. I think implimenting just a few of the more significant of them is fairly reasonable.

UKD192

Post by UKD192 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:55 am

This very same subject was discussed some time ago (9 months to be extact) on this very forum, and, (if you can filter out the dross) you may see where Konny and DK are going :- http://flynet.en-studios.de/forum/viewt ... 84&start=0

Rob