Experience....!!

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

SnakeBite
Ticket Agent

Experience....!!

Post by SnakeBite » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:56 am

Hi all..

I was looking at the Promotion thing.. And it appears that every pilot gets promoted according to how many landings and successful he is..
And its aggregate..
I dont feel that this is realistic... I think every Pilot should get promoted according to his flying hours along side adding/subtracting his faults during the flight..
I mean its not fair to fly 10 hours without any mistake and getting 1.0 added to your current level.. On the other hand.. who flies a hour trip without any mistake will get the same thing...

Isnt how it works? or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance...

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:55 pm

No. It's a combination of time and ratings on flights. Then again, your "rank" has nothing to do with what you can or can't fly unless your CEO chooses to have it be that way, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:32 pm

SnakeBite, I assume that you are referring to the 'first flight officer', 'flight captain' ranks that appear in the signature image, and you are correct, its totally dependant on the number of flights minus any penalties.

While this is not realistic I do think its fair. For most flights the challenge is taking off and getting to cruise altitude safely and then getting the AC back on the grounds safely, how long you watch the console on auto pilot does not really prove anything.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

SnakeBite
Ticket Agent

Post by SnakeBite » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:42 am

joefremont.. You are correct.. but even if you watch the autopilot, you are still in charge for that plane... I mean I spend a lot of time watching the Autopilot on Cruise.. But also it keeps on my nerves 8)

Rainbowdancer

Post by Rainbowdancer » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:01 am

...and taxiing around the airport for hours wouldn't do that no either... :lol:

SnakeBite
Ticket Agent

Post by SnakeBite » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:24 pm

lol.. no it shouldnt count.. :)

DanKH
Ticket Agent

Post by DanKH » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:06 pm

SnakeBite wrote:joefremont.. You are correct.. but even if you watch the autopilot, you are still in charge for that plane... I mean I spend a lot of time watching the Autopilot on Cruise.. But also it keeps on my nerves 8)
Funny, I do a lot of long hauls, and sitting and staring at the screen kinda makes me want to go to bed... :D

Absolutely no nerves there.....
Best Rgds
Dan

SnakeBite
Ticket Agent

Post by SnakeBite » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:31 am

Using Real Weather maybe different.. Somtimes my AC cruising speed changes from 0.81 to 0.84 and an "OVERSPEED" warning appears.. If you are sleeping, your AC will get overstressed, and explode..

Its not the best way for your Airliner :wink:

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:38 am

There are a number of pilots here who like to start a 10+ hour long haul flight and once they are up to cruise alt they will go to bed, not watching the console at all until sometime much later when they wake up and land the AC, I would hate for those pilots to get some sort of bonus for that kind of activity.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Rainbowdancer

Post by Rainbowdancer » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:57 am

...and even when they aren't sleeping because of their recreational activities with girlfriends nearby, they catch a bonus :wink:

SnakeBite
Ticket Agent

Post by SnakeBite » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:07 am

LOL.. :D ... But It doesnt make sense flying 12 hours and keeping your arse on the chair.. Observing..