Aircraft Lables in lists - FREIGHTERS!

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

tall_guy_pete

Aircraft Lables in lists - FREIGHTERS!

Post by tall_guy_pete » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:26 pm

Hi all,

I am finding it real hard to remember which aircraft are frieghters. Would it be possible to add 'F' to the rest of the fleet. Thanks.............

PS: I do realise that we could change tial registrations ...

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:02 pm

Well, what needs to be done is the list changed to show the Aircraft Type name instead of the ICAO. That would solve most of the problem.

P.S. - I'm moving this to the New Features & Suggestions forum. Makes more sense there. ;)

tall_guy_pete

Post by tall_guy_pete » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:46 pm

I meant like the MD11 has an F at the end to signify that it is a freighter. I meant the same for the B727 and B757 etc ... simply add an F to the type as suggested by yourself. Don't where you got ICAO code from but thanks for the responce.

It was in the right place as I saw it as a problem rather than a suggestoin :) 8)

Safari Air
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Safari Air » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:32 pm

i see your point and i think it's a good idea.
I see it as a suggestion as well. But it will hopefully be sorted soon
Thanks
Geoff

tall_guy_pete

Post by tall_guy_pete » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:13 am

No rush guys, im doing uni work so just let me know when its implemented via this thread. I'm subscribed 8)

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:32 am

As far as I'm aware, all of the aircraft that are freighters have an "F" at the end where appropriate. On the ICAO there is no facility for adding such an appendix as the designation is 4 characters in length only. As far as ATC is concerned, an MD-11 is and MD-11. They don't care what's aboard unless you're about to crash, they both behave the same at the same weight. As I said, the only way to resolve this is to change the display of the aircraft in the system to show the aircraft type name instead of the ICAO as you need the two separated and not modify those parameters for convenience.