Co-piloting

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Dimitrios

Co-piloting

Post by Dimitrios » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:51 pm

Is it possible to register co-pilots in the same flight? FSX is supporting this option.
Happy new Year 2007!!.
Dimitrios

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:43 pm

No.

UKD192

Post by UKD192 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:05 pm

Why ?

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:12 pm

Because the program only allows a flight to be booked once. You cannot have 2 pilots booked on the same flight and same plane at the same time. You can certainly use a copilot during your flight, but only one pilot will be paid for the flight.

The only alternative I can think of to this is to have one pilot book the outbound leg and fly it with the other as PNF (pilot not flying) and then the PNF book the return leg and fly as the PF on that leg that way each pilot gets paid for one leg.

Dimitrios

Post by Dimitrios » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:20 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:Because the program only allows a flight to be booked once. You cannot have 2 pilots booked on the same flight and same plane at the same time. You can certainly use a copilot during your flight, but only one pilot will be paid for the flight.

The only alternative I can think of to this is to have one pilot book the outbound leg and fly it with the other as PNF (pilot not flying) and then the PNF book the return leg and fly as the PF on that leg that way each pilot gets paid for one leg.
That would be quite realistic I believe, it is a very nice idea, also if it is possible for the client to remember the fuel state of the airplane after the finishing of the flight so we won't loose the remainning for the return leg.
Thank you in advance.
Dimitrios

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:27 pm

The client already does that. You cannot book the return flight until the outbound leg has been completed anyway.

Dimitrios

Post by Dimitrios » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:30 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:The client already does that. You cannot book the return flight until the outbound leg has been completed anyway.
Ok, I ve thought that everytime that I am pressing 'fly booked flight' I also have to add the amount of fuel from the begining.?
Dim

Redhmt
Ticket Agent

Post by Redhmt » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:50 pm

when you press fly booked flight you enter total amount of fuel required, the client only charges you for the fuel above what was left in plane after its last flight.For example if you had 20000 lbs of fuel left after your outbound flight,you book return flight and load in 50000 lbs of fuel the client will charge you for 30000 lbs.

Phil

Dimitrios

Post by Dimitrios » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:55 pm

Redhmt wrote:when you press fly booked flight you enter total amount of fuel required, the client only charges you for the fuel above what was left in plane after its last flight.For example if you had 20000 lbs of fuel left after your outbound flight,you book return flight and load in 50000 lbs of fuel the client will charge you for 30000 lbs.

Phil
Thank you Phil.
Dim