Route Maps

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Route Maps

Post by cmdrnmartin » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:57 am

I was thinking that on every VA's page there could be a map, with all the routes that theyve flown (not that are schduled, but that have actually been flown) displayed on it with Nice Great Circle paths. Again, Im not sure how hard this would be to implement, but I thought it would look sort of neat. I like looking at route maps in Airline Magazines, such as Air Canada's En Route, and thought the little cosmetic touch it would bring would be something cool to have.

ricchio

Post by ricchio » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:19 am

That sounds cool.

Ciao,
Aaron

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:39 pm

A map for the VA's as it's shown on the flight monitor would be no problem. Only the Great Circle Paths are not very easy to calculate. If you know a good, free script for great circle path maps, pls tell me. But if not, it could need some time until I modified my own map script.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

imboden

Post by imboden » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:51 am

/personal oppinion

the challange on this though is that the map on the flight monitor is a world map. someone line OAS flys regionally. I think it would be better for us if we had a map of Ontario, rather than a world map

/end personal oppinion

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:20 am

imboden wrote:/personal oppinion

the challange on this though is that the map on the flight monitor is a world map. someone line OAS flys regionally. I think it would be better for us if we had a map of Ontario, rather than a world map

/end personal oppinion
Maybe a Scalable Map script? I know airlineempires.net has a scalable map. Or Maybe have three maps, World, Europe and North America? I know its a lot of work for something cosmetic, but its still a pretty cool feature if it can be added.

Konny, maybe you could contact these guys: gc.kls2.com, they have scripts for great circles, they might share them, Im not sure.

Anyways, keep up the awesome work! (Over a holiday season too, thats exceptional!)

HyperionAirways

Post by HyperionAirways » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:58 pm

Maybe I'm completely missing the topic of this discussion, but on the map (as it currently sits) you can click the link for the region you want, and see just flights in those areas....or is it something different you guys wanna do?

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:06 pm

HyperionAirways wrote:Maybe I'm completely missing the topic of this discussion, but on the map (as it currently sits) you can click the link for the region you want, and see just flights in those areas....or is it something different you guys wanna do?
We would like (but dont need) a map on our VA's page, not showing our current flights, but all of our flight routes. Sort of like this:

Just a visual representation of our route networks.

Safari Air
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Safari Air » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:52 pm

maybe being able to put the map into our own VA's website could be good as well
Thanks
Geoff

ricchio

Post by ricchio » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:10 pm

That's a fine looking map. This is the current map for RI, just shows cities.

Ciao,
Aaron