Saving some bandwidth and making things quicker

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Saving some bandwidth and making things quicker

Post by Quantum » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:09 am

Hi Konny/Da Kurt,

I have suggested this before but am raising it again as we are having some major issues with some pilots trying to book flights.

For multi-rated pilots at an airport where a lot of flightplans depart, when the pilot wants to book a flight he has to wait for the page to load ALL available flights for all aircraft he is type rated on. Can we PLEASE have a drop down menu FIRST to select the aircraft type that he is interested in booking. This will narrow the search and save time/bandwidth loading flights for aircraft he is not wishing to fly. The alternative method is to allow pilots to temporarily disable specific type ratings of his which will have the same net effect.

There are other areas where bandwidth could be saved too : Calling the database page sends you to the VA list which is growing daily. Maybe the first send should be to Airport databse first which is a smaller page and then choose from there if you need any other database.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

BFuller

Post by BFuller » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:14 am

I would rather see them add a Default Aircraft type to the Pilot's Profile and that would load up, but then also have a drop down if they wish to view more flightplans once the initial list is presented. This will allow Pilots that like to fly a certain type not have to use a Pull Down everytime they look at the list but still allow them to pick another type.

I agree on the Airline Database being loaded first, takes a long time and isn't needed. Maybe it should just display Links to the databases and you can just pick one instead of any of them being defaults.

carthorse
Ticket Agent

Post by carthorse » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:57 am

why not impliment paging?