Login Speedups

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

allegro

Login Speedups

Post by allegro » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:55 pm

I'd like to suggest that the 'Login succesful' screen eliminated completely - it conveys no information. Should go straight to the waiting messages page with no extra click/refresh needed.

Would also like to request the session timeout for logins be upped - right now it seems pretty short, and when I am setting up a bunch of new flights, I am in and out of a ton of windows and it is annoying to have to re-login everytime.

In general I would love to see more AJAX, refresh-eliminating techniques added to the site, as it is not the speediest (for me in the USA, anyway) and eliminating some unnecessary clicks/refreshes would make a huge difference... I have done quite a bit with this stuff before and am willing to help code if needed... :wink:
Last edited by allegro on Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BFuller

Post by BFuller » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:03 pm

Agree, timeouts seem very short. I also wouldn't mind having a cookie enabled to keep my username entered as well.

Oh, and been meaning to ask you, is Allegro from Empty Planet?

allegro

Post by allegro » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:08 pm

Nope... it is Italian for 'fast' or 'lively', and is a common tempo marking in classical music, which has been a lifelong avocation of mine (violin since age 6). The more you know :D

ivanT3

Post by ivanT3 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:27 pm

allegro wrote:Nope... it is Italian for 'fast' or 'lively', and is a common tempo marking in classical music, which has been a lifelong avocation of mine (violin since age 6). The more you know :D
You play an amazing instrument sir. Hat's off to you. My string instrument has "fret's" On it. You play a very very difficult ax . How DO you folks keep it in tune? :) :)

Ivan.........................

P.S. Sorry for the OT post

allegro

Post by allegro » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:30 pm

I play 4, 5, and 6 string fretted instruments too... and you'd be surprised how well they stay in tune.. my 1909 violin stays in tune better than my 2004 Jackson guitar with a floyd rose... :lol:

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:06 pm

LOL that's why I prefer brass. Doesn't go out of tune by itself, you know the problem is always you not the instrument. hehehe