Water sports

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Water sports

Post by IslandBum » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:43 pm

Quick Question

We are working on some routes for Amphibians - Ive looked through the threads and cant seen anything referring to
water runways in FS9 - So heres the ? - if there is an AFCAD for a water runway and for "Docking facilities" will Flynet
recognise it the same way it recognises a normal airport? - If so standby for a bunch of water features uploaded to the
Airport information files.

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:00 pm

Hi Leif,

I added Peter's Portsmouth airport to the database which isn't a stock FS9 airport. Are there genuine ICAO codes for your water bases? I'm not sure how Peter built his AFCAD and assigned the ICAO but when I rebuilt the FSNav database after adding it, it gives the ICAO in the airport data. If they're not 'real' waterbases, you'll have to make your own ICAO codes - e.g. VH01, VH02 etc etc assuming they're not already allocated to real life airports.

Hope that helps?

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Marc Joy

Post by Marc Joy » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:08 pm

Yep ok with construction, but after that...

Can we add airports that are not in database and that are not "findable" on the site used here for control. Will those airports be added? as same question for me about some bush fields...

Marc

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:31 pm

Hm, generally there is no problem with water bases, but the whole system is based on ICAO-codes. If there is no ICAO-code you would have to invent one. I personally don't like the idea.
And making the system independ of ICAO-codes would need A LOT of work.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Marc Joy

Post by Marc Joy » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:11 pm

I agree totally, and I won't add non registrated airports

But that was all about making the point.

And Be aware of this little stupid thing... As I had this issue with FSpassenger... On some Amphibians, you don't have wheels, wich means you don't have park brakes... well the issue is you can't make the client understand your flight is finished... I think it that way

Marc