Unlimited fuel

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Unlimited fuel

Post by Quantum » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:54 pm

I wish the client could switch this feature off so that fuel usage is realistic - you know who you are!

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:06 pm

i think that feature would be awesome. i second it.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:35 pm

It's supposed to force it. If you're seeing 1KG or less fuel usages, report it to Konny directly via E-mail or PM.

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:39 pm

remember anticheat has been disabled.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:50 pm

Excellent idea, I agree. If its not possible, maybe the client should treat running out of fuel before landing (fuel zero or equal to the unusable fuel amount) with the same penalties landing at the wrong airport.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:16 pm

Fourthed.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:03 pm

FsNovice wrote:remember anticheat has been disabled.
It wasn't part of the anti-cheat coding.

Matthew
Captain

Post by Matthew » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:43 pm

I Fifth this!

pete999

Post by pete999 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:57 pm

i think its a good idea BUT i think that there should be a good fuel calculator to back it up!

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:29 pm

there are a bunch of fuel calculators on the net for that, i made a tutorial that will guarantee that you will not run out of fuel provided you don't do anything "odd"....

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:33 pm

Hi Pete,

Closing a 'cheat' loophole shouldn't be dependant on providing a fuel calculator. Line experience/training on type will allow you to calculate your fuel requirements. Fuel planning is probably one of the steepest learning curves encountered using FlyNET. Prior to anyone coming here they'd just fill the tanks and fly, now we have to think about things a bit more.
Rgds

John
Last edited by Quantum on Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

pete999

Post by pete999 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:35 pm

Well Big Q where your fuel help then mate!

I still think we need a fuel calcualtor tho!

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:24 pm

pete999 wrote:Well Big Q where your fuel help then mate!

I still think we need a fuel calcualtor tho!

It's a General Virtual Airlines Forum sticky...

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:38 am

I sixth the idea
BUT I am also a little PO'd that my guys fly standard FAA fuel reserves AND GET PENALISED for it -
I think that if you are going to update and streamline fuel loading you also need to take into consideration
FAA/JARS fuel requirements and make them so that landing with say 15000# in the likes of a 707/DC8 DOESNT get you
penalised - and at the same time revist the entirely UNREALISTIC fuel pricing - god knows I for one would LOVE to see
JETA at a 1.13 again - ALSO I notice your pricing in Liters and providing fuelloads in wither Kilos or Pounds - I think a
single pricing unit (IF you chose to use V$ then prehaps you should use Vpounds for fuel loading with a pricing in V$ per Imp or US Gall)

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

tall_guy_pete

Post by tall_guy_pete » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:34 am

I like the idea, though I have found that with the current client when all our new pilots are doing their first few flights we suggest a fuel load to them and they are getting the error message "Too much fuel" ... I will agree that we at Euro Link have told them to set unlimited fuel on and then type in '0' just so that they could carry out there traing test flights. I myself have had to do this once, then after that my fuel loading was fine .. but it seems a little buggy. Could you explain in depth how the fuel is calculated ... both before and after a flight plan has been completed ...

Note: You shouldn't punish us for this as they have all done it only in their 'Training Flights' NOT scheduled !!! :D

I think if this is going to be implemented then please turn off this error message ... work a way round it .. as I want our pilots to use the fuel loads that we recommend to them .. again I take you to this post:

http://flynet.en-studios.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1384

Pete

PS: I'm back at uni but up for discussions and helping out train my vice hub manager to implement flight plans etc ...

PPS: There is a document (PDF format) for our members which takes them through how to use the recommended fuel load in FS Nav Log .. to entering that amount so the total is reached (including all emergency etc) within the tanks that need to be filled ...