Bound aircrafts (reg numbers) to flights

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Ionathan
Captain

Bound aircrafts (reg numbers) to flights

Post by Ionathan » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:54 pm

Would it be possible to bind a specific aircraft reg. number to specific flights upon flights creation instead of simply an aircraft type? For example flight IALxxx from LGAV to EDDT is flown with 737 but would it be possible to have this bound to specific 737 (e.g. SX-AFY)?
I am asking this as it would prevent problems and confusion in a multi hub airline.
Consider the following example:
Let's say airline A has three hubs: LGAV, EDDT, EGLL
There is flight IAL010:LGAV-EDDT and flight IAL011:EDDT-LGAV flown by 737 operated by LGAV hub
There is flight IAL110:EDDT-EGLL and flight IAL111:EGLL-EDDT flown by 737 operated by EDDT hub
Now let's say that the LGAV's 737 has just landed at EDDT and a pilot wants to fly IAL110 from EDDT to EGLL.
The result might be that all LGAV aircrafts end up in London ot in other hubs if they were even more.

If on the otherhand, upon booking a flight we could not any 737 which is present at the departure airport, but only the one (based on reg. number) which is assigned to do the specific flight this problem would never occur.

Do you see my point?
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:27 pm

Any opinions on the suggestion?

Technically speaking I believe there is a field "AssignedACType" in a "Flights" table. Whenever a flight is booked there is a select statement like:

select ACType from Aircrafts
where Aircrafts.ACType=Flights.AssignedACType
and Aircrafts.Location=Pilots.CurrentLocation

Now, if the Flights table was enriched with a field AssignedRegNum and the above select query was changed to

select ACType from Aircrafts
where Aircraft.ACRegNum=Flights.AssignedRegNum
and Aircrafts.Location=Pilots.CurrentLocation

the problem would be solved.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:32 pm

You're right, it's not to hard to implement and it will increase realism.
It's on the list ( Currently I'm very busy with a thesis I have to write for school ).
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:44 pm

Oh, good luck then.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

HyperionAirways

Post by HyperionAirways » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:02 pm

This is actually something that I've wanted to suggest from the beginning, but I didn't want to overwhelm Konny with my million suggestions, so I'm glad you brought it up! I love it!