Airfield Information

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Airfield Information

Post by IslandBum » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:06 pm

Just a quick thought

Maybe a couple of extra fields on the Airports information upload -
1/. Runway surface (we operate into alot of non concrete runways
2/. Navaids available
3/. If fuel is available (and onthe same note - maybe expand the tankering capaibility so we can plan to tanker fuel
through airfields that DONT have it

4/. Selective maintenance service - obviously there are places where maintenance is NOT available so have the ability
to select wether maintenance is available or not

These would help the admin folks when loading new airfields - and provide a certain challenge if an aircrafts maintenance reliability is getting low.

Cheers

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Airfield Information

Post by joefremont » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:12 pm

IslandBum wrote:Just a quick thought
4/. Selective maintenance service - obviously there are places where maintenance is NOT available so have the ability
to select wether maintenance is available or not
Cheers

Leif
In emergencies, maintenance ppl can always be sent to almost any location. Maybe what is needed is the ability for an airline to establish a maintenance facility at an airport, cost of which would be based on how many and big of an aircraft it can handle or how many at one time. Maybe a facility can handle x,000 kg (empty weight) of aircraft at one time.

Facilities would cost so much to build and so much a month to keep open.

The cost of maintaining an aircraft would then be calculated as

x1 - Airline has a maintenance facility at the airport.
x1.5 - A partner airline has a maintenance facility at the airport. *
x2 - A different airline has a maintenance facility. *
x4 - There is no maintinance facility.

* in these case the owner of the facility would get the difference between the standard cost and the amount collected.

Factors are just suggestions.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:07 am

True Joe

And nice juggling with my original idea - On CTs suggestion I through I'd throw it there to see what the climate was....

I think its a more realistic method of being charged for maintenance - and second the concept of VAs having designated
maintenance bases.

leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

recce

Post by recce » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:28 pm

Bramfly would totally support this. Especially considering we operate as an FBO... It opens larger fields to having more than one airlines maintenance facility available.
On a side note... in instances such as where there is more than one facility available... maybe we could have an option to use partner/competitor facilities if our own are full.
Could there also be an option to have more than one maintenance facility? For instance Bramfly operates out of different size fields.
Our small rental/charter service and basic training are done from CNC3 Brampton Airport. More advanced training and larger aircraft rentals/charters and our regional scheduled service are operated from CYYZ Lester B Pearson International. We would obviously have a small maintenance facility capable of maintaining say 3 small aircraft at any given time at CNC3. CYYZ would play host to a larger maintenance facility capable of say doing maintenance tasks on 3 heavy aircraft. It would also open the market more to Fixed base operators. It would be accentuated nicely with the fuel ferrying concept... possibly we could sell fuel from our base of operations? For instance we ferry fuel from one cheap source to an airfield that by default has high fuel costs. We could sell it at slightly cheaper cost and make money... However we'd probably have to develop a way of limiting the difference so as to not tip the market of FlyNET.

Great idea Lief. Thanks for getting my brain working!