Manual Payload Reduction

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Manual Payload Reduction

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:46 am

Konny,

I know that you haven't invoked MZFW in the calculations quite yet, but I would suggest that even after MZFW is implimented you allow either the pilots or the management to manually limit the number of passengers and/or amount of cargo that can be loaded for a certain flight to ensure that the number of passengers and/or cargo being carried is not so much that if they add fuel in the plane is overweight and they're not getting paid for flying "phantom" passengers or cargo since they aren't flying the weight.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:00 am

While we're at it, Fuel Dumping as well. Not that they are totally related, but if I get a failure and I HAVE to land, I don't want to try and bring a plane in with 80 000lbs of fuel still in the tanks...

And I agree with CAP, since I fly out of some Hot and High airports, limiting passengers (which has to be done some days) would be a good idea for our realism level.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:36 am

Justin, you can actually dump fuel within FS with many airplanes and there's a couple of gauges out there that allow fuel dump. I don't think it's a need for FlyNET to do it.

Search the major sites for -

TC_Fuelstat or FC_Fuelstat

Both are good addon gauges (varations on the same gauge actually) that have a fuel dump function on them that works very well.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:23 am

If when the client asked for the fuel amount, if it also asked for max pax and cargo would that fit the requirements?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:26 am

joefremont wrote:If when the client asked for the fuel amount, if it also asked for max pax and cargo would that fit the requirements?
Yes. I would also like Managers and CEO's to have the option of putting a limit on cargo and pax so that on long range flights, even under "perfect" conditions, there is at least a minimum restriction to ensure that there is sufficient fuel available for the aircraft below MTOW.

One more thing, I'm not saying to do this in lieu of implimenting MZFW. Implimentation of MZFW will resolve some of the issue with overloading the plane and thus carrying phantom cargo/passengers, but there are times where at MZFW the airplane still won't have enough weight available for the required fuel, so this would be further restriction below MZFW.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:02 pm

Hi Chris,

This is really a follow-on thread with info/requests from Islandbum's post re the combi's. It's definately preferable to be able to restict pax/cargo loads when the flightplan is programmed onto the system. That way we can programme night cargo flights for the pax/combi aircraft. Following on from this, should it be implemented, a column/s on the flightplan page to indicate scheduled max pax and cargo for all to see.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:45 pm

As I said, I'd like to see both.

As for the Convertible issue, that needs to be a toggle available for Convertible/QC aircraft and independent of the payload reduction. Basically, the toggle would be that any flight with a Convertible or QC aircraft assigned would have the toggle for you to set the flight as Cargo, Pax, or Combi, and then once that was set, one could then set the max payloads for that setup.