Charter Flights

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Ionathan
Captain

Charter Flights

Post by Ionathan » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:12 am

What about adding the functionality of charter flights? I am talking about flights which are not bound to specific departure/arrival times. So far these fields are mandatory.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:44 pm

Hm, you mean something like a "free flight" ? Where you can just fly anywhere you want ? The problem would be that ticket prices are calculated in advance, and if there are no fixed prices, the website can't calculate if the passengers think it's cheap or not.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:05 pm

Not exactly, the aircraft type and the airports could be defined but the timetable left blank just like in a situation where an airline flies a specific flight but only when there is the need to do so instead of a fixed schedule. I don't see a major problem as the client calculates the ticket price based on the distance and not the flight duration.

...and talking about charter flights another nice feature would be the ability to add airports in the database as I noticed there are a lot, smaller ones, missing.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:40 pm

Ah, sry, I mis-read your first post. Your wrote departure/arrival times and not airports ;-) *dang*
Now it sounds a lot better :-)
Then I could also check if dep/arr times are correct IF the flight is set as scheduled.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer