Export of Flightplans including routes

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

SJDobby
Ticket Agent

Export of Flightplans including routes

Post by SJDobby » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:13 am

I am part of UKDirect, a VA that exists both inside and outside of FlyNet, and we are to an extent using FlyNet as our basis for timetable re-scheduling. Many of our pilots are not currently FlyNet pilots (and I suspect that will be the case for a long time to come), but I act as the flight-assignments manager for the airline and like to assign routes that are on our FlyNet schedule. Obviously, the pilots who are assigned these flights but are not FlyNet pilots don't have access to the FlyNet flightplan pages.

What would be nice would be to have a simple html table output that could then be copied and published on our VA website for all our pilots to reference. It would need to indicate FlightNumber, From, To, DepTime, ArrTime, Aircraft and Route for the airline's routes (sorted by flight-number).

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:04 am

I second this idea. I could also add the opposite way if possible which is to create scedule or individual schedule flidhts by directly uploading an html or excel file, or even using a similarly functional FlyNet tool. All VAs with more than 200 flights in their schedule will understand my point and it would provide a quite easy solution to the schedule mass update functions currently on the to-do list.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:24 pm

Ok, I'll care about that soon. How about different types of export formats ? I could imagine that it would be useful if you could export a FlyNET flightplan to use it with VATSIM or other programs.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:21 pm

For formats I would recommend the csv format (comma separated values), its fairly simple and supported by Excel.

I would second Ionathan's idea of being able to upload a file with the flight plan. If you have a large number of flights to enter or update that would make it much easier.

I am not sure how much value the export would be as I think all the information currently on the webpage and its fairly simple to just copy and paste from that.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

SJDobby
Ticket Agent

Exports of Flightplans (schedules)

Post by SJDobby » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:12 am

Copying and pasting the current page is all well and good, but there is a load of formatting that needs to be removed that takes quite a while to do (I don't own any fancy web-editing tools so good old Notepad gets the job!). It literally needs to be the existing flightplan page without all the Flynet styling (a simple html table without the buttons / styles, etc) - this would also chop down the filesize by a fair chunk.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:57 pm

Just as an addition to this Konny, can you add the functionality to export the flightplan from a specific airport?

IE, I select CYOW, and when i export the flightplan to html, it first lists all outbound flights from said airport, and then all inbound flights?

Just to make it a bit easier to manage our flightplans for Hubs.

Thanks