Pilots in a VA being suspended, not banned!

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

tall_guy_pete

Pilots in a VA being suspended, not banned!

Post by tall_guy_pete » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:36 am

Im not sure if this is possible, and I apologise if it is somewhere on the web site or forum. I have looked without success.

Is it possible to currently suspend your VA pilots becuase of your own reasons? If not could you consider allowing managers and CEOs to do this within the VA?

Greatly appreciate replies on this. Thank you in advance! 8)

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:11 pm

What do you mean by suspend? you could always just remove there type ratings.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

tall_guy_pete

Post by tall_guy_pete » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:47 pm

Well say they crash for our airline so many times or something has happened and we wish to stop them from flying for us. For example ... they do not follow given orders, or do not keep to their home base hub flights.

Things like that, thanks for the idea with the ratings .. I suppose that would work 8) Though I would much prefer it said "Currently Suspended from duty" on their profile or something like it .. with the ability to provide short information which would also show on their profile. Admins and managers would be able to do this of course.

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:40 pm

Well, I know I am replying to an old post but anyway. I would prefer if there was an automated pilot's suspension after a crash or two crashes in a row and the CEO or someone from the staff to be able to allow the pilot to fly again. I think this is important otherwise an "evil" happy crasher could bring down a VA's reputation close to disaster in just one night. You know what I mean.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:07 pm

Ionathan wrote:Well, I know I am replying to an old post but anyway. I would prefer if there was an automated pilot's suspension after a crash or two crashes in a row and the CEO or someone from the staff to be able to allow the pilot to fly again. I think this is important otherwise an "evil" happy crasher could bring down a VA's reputation close to disaster in just one night. You know what I mean.
I would second this, an excellent idea.

Phlashgitt

Post by Phlashgitt » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:26 pm

Are you people real?

Everybody once in a while will mess up, and then you automatically think they are out to sabotage your virtual airline? Get a life. Is this not meant to be fun? Not just an exercise in self grandisement for jumped up pompous oafs still wet behind the ears and who have never experienced real life aviation or man management. Its a damning endictment that if you and people like you will be running the world in 20 years, its time the rest of us got off it. Suggested reading material:- "1984" by George Orwell

Sebastian Dangerfield

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:17 am

Phlashgitt wrote:Are you people real?

Everybody once in a while will mess up, and then you automatically think they are out to sabotage your virtual airline? Get a life. Is this not meant to be fun? Not just an exercise in self grandisement for jumped up pompous oafs still wet behind the ears and who have never experienced real life aviation or man management. Its a damning endictment that if you and people like you will be running the world in 20 years, its time the rest of us got off it. Suggested reading material:- "1984" by George Orwell

Sebastian Dangerfield
Trust me, there are quite a few bad apples in the FS arena. Just like any online game, youll find griefers. It's human nature coupled with the anonymity of the internet. As well, as to your comment on pompous oafs and literature, I too have passed Grade 10 english and read 1984. Allow me to suggest the following novels to illustrate my point: "Heart of Darkness" by Josef Conrad (Konrad? too lazy to look it up) and "Crime and Punishment" by Dostyevsky. Both illustrate man's inhumanity to man and with a bit of mental calisthenics, you can apply the themes of the book to the social overlay that is the Flight Sim community.

PS, Stop calling the dedicated members of FlyNET names, it's against the forum rules. Consider this a warning.

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:04 am

Phlashgitt wrote:Are you people real?

Sebastian Dangerfield

That's why Ionathan said "automated suspension after a crash or two in a row". It's also up to the VA to train their pilots accordingly so they can start commercial flying with minimal losses. I totally support the suspension idea.

Remember, we're trying to make the FS experience more enjoyable, and if pilots see that other pilots destroy their planes/profits, there is no reason to let them continue flying until they've got it right.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:45 am

Phlashgitt wrote:.... who have never experienced real life aviation or man management. ...

Sebastian Dangerfield
Not to pile on, but I could not imagine a real world airline manager allowing a pilot involved in a crash to fly again until after the investigation.

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:59 am

Old adage

Defintion of a pilot - First person to arrive at the scene of a accident.

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:05 pm

IslandBum wrote:Old adage
Leif
I've heard that before....

And it's just as funny now as when I first heard it :lol:

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:42 pm

IslandBum wrote:Old adage
Leif
:lol: