Stopovers

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

BigQ

Stopovers

Post by BigQ » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:17 pm

maybe at one point in time, it would be nice to have a stop-over possibility with flynet...
For example:
you want to go from toronto to frankfurt, but you airplane has too short of a range. so you make a stop in Halifax to refuel, let's say, and then fly the rest of the flight, all without stopping FS and the client..

sounds to me though like something that would be complicated to code, so it's just an idea, but it would be nice...

ricchio

Post by ricchio » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:49 am

Yes, that sounds difficult and there aren't many of those flights in the real world any more. Most flights stop somewhere that will make them money and then continue on to the final airport to make more money. It's more practical.

Ciao,
Aaron

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:38 pm

You could intriduce a set of flights so if you want to fly from airport A to airport B and the distance is beyond your aircraft's range yo could break A-B to A-C, C-D,... X-B.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:02 pm

@ BigQ
You already can do multiple flights without needing to exit the client or the FS, you only need to book the new flight on the website. But I guess that's not enough, so there should be a possibility to refuel the aircraft at any time of the flight if you are on ground, which actually shouldn't be too hard to include :-)
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

recce

Post by recce » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:22 pm

Actually Konny it's a pretty good idea IF we are talking about adding in the future space for private flights (ie pilot owned a/c)

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:18 pm

Well, it's because for some reason if i want to immediately do another flight right after, i need to completely shut down the client and FS8... i've tried to keep the client running in the past, but doesn't work, at least with me...

recce

Post by recce » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:36 pm

I've noticed the same problem myself. In fact if I do the client stays good for about 20 minutes with FS9... then fails... if it lasts any longer than that then it fails at a more aggravating time... like after landing...

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:00 pm

Hm, strange, I made two 10-minute flights without closing the FS or the Client and I didn't experience any problems.
What kind of failure happens after the 20 minutes ? Does the FS crash ? Or the Client ? Do you get an error message ?
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

recce

Post by recce » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:09 pm

the client resets the flight to booked saying it lost connection.