Helicopter Operations

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Helicopter Operations

Post by IslandBum » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:16 am

I noticed there are a couple of Helicopters available in the database - however given that the program does not appear to be capable of computing fare paying passengers starting and stopping at the same point - Is it possible to run a helicopter "sightseeing operation" where the helicopter would depart from an airport fly to a "heliport" land take off and fly back to departing point and generate revenue? The concept being - Id love to run a Twin Squirrell out of Kahalui (Maui) to the top of Haleakalah (As Blue Hawaiian does IRL) or alternativly operate from Hilo to the top of Mona Kea and to Southmost on the Big Island (These are obviously volcano watching flights) AT present I thought about building routes from PHOG-PHHN to Maui West and back to PHOG with a helicopter - on an hourly basis - Not sure what that would do to flynet - Does Flynet look at flight frequency and reduce pax loads? - This would NOT be realistic as Blue Hawaiian fly their helicopters every 15 minutes FULL (Of tourists). So? is this viable if so - I need to load the AS360 in the data base and buy a couple and start Venture Hawaiian Helicopters :D

Any budding sling wing drivers out there?

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:31 am

This issue about Helicopters is an interesting one and i think this has been raised before. it would be good if helicopters could be exempt from the normal rule and i may look at flying them again. I second this view above by IslandBum

JJacobs

Post by JJacobs » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:54 pm

I've done it before, had bugs though. I've done succsful "sightseeing" local flights before

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:00 pm

There are several places 'sightseeing' operations would make sence like over the grand canyon or major cities, for both fixed wing and rotory aircraft. But how would you define it?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:33 pm

Just have the start end airport be the same.

Vehicle does not travel more than 200nm from that airport at any time.
Ticket price fixed at 90$
Max passengers for any aircraft is 24. (So we don't get 747 tour flights with 400 people)
Must be airborne for 30 minutes minimum.
Engine off at airport (not parking brake) is the signal to end the flight. (any engine off before 30 minutes is ignored)

I think that might work.

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:21 pm

Nice idea. I second that.

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:48 am

That sounds like a plan Martin

If Konny wants to right the script for it - Im willing to beta it for everyone - Obviously as I said previously
Id really like to have a bash at the Maui/Hawaii/Kauai bases - I figured starting off doing Maui - Bill Melichars
scenery already has the Blue Hawaiian terminal in place at Kahalui and it would be no problem adding some more helipads
to the Afcad....All I need is to have someone load the data for the AS350 into the data base. Your also right about
the Grand Canyon - someone might like to try a Virtual Scenic Airways - operating Twotters out of North Las Vegas to
Page and around the Canyon

Cheers

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:46 pm

Lief, if you've got the numbers, you can certainly add the AS.350 yourself, Justin & I would approve it when we see it. :)