Pilot stats stays on 99.9%

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

DanKH
Ticket Agent

Post by DanKH » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:01 am

BigQ wrote:Does it REALLY make a difference if you're 99.99% or 100?
For some it does, and for some it doesn't. Only speaking for myself here: I personally am not interested in comparing my personal rating with others...I couldn't care less (unless in real life, but that's another story ;-)...still you seldom have the opportunity to check your pilot's rating-skills...) well, anyway.

The reason I took this issue up is for my own personal striving...not much reward in striving for 99.99% is there?

How many sports people do you think train themselves to achieve 99.9% ....? I bet most athletes, bicyclist, car-racers or whatever want that 0.1% more eagerly that the previous 99.9 % ....It's called a competitive attitude. It has also something to do with psychology.

And, mind you, achieving those 100% isn't a lifetime guarantee of you staying at 100%..that's the whole point of a running average. If you don't keep that 100% score each time, you will drop again. that's why athletes has too keep training in order to stay on top. Once they stop keeping themselves at their toes, their abilities will start to decade...
Best Rgds
Dan