Relinquishing Type Certificate

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Cat
Chief Pilot

Relinquishing Type Certificate

Post by Cat » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:36 pm

Is there any way a pilot can voluntarily reliquinsh a type certificate that has expired? I have several aircraft I no longer fly and those expired type certificates are causing my type "happiness" rating to be 8.78 of 20 due to said expired certificates

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Relinquishing Type Certificate

Post by joefremont » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:12 pm

Hi Sam,

My thinking on that was that pilots want to advance their careers by moving to bigger aircraft, if someone was flying 767's and now they are flying King Airs, they probably would not be happy, especially if they lost there certificate as a result. I understand that sometimes pilots might choose to downsize but would not think that is the norm. What has your experience been like, having worked in the industry?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: Relinquishing Type Certificate

Post by Cat » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:15 am

As a commercial ATP pilot, one can only hold one active type rating at any given time regardless of how many ratings one has. AKA 737 pilots cannot fly A300's etc If one wants to change types in airline work, they would then go through refresher training provided they had the type rating originally in order to "activate" the new type rating.

Moneywise in the real world, bigger is better. Here with pilots getting a fixed percentage of the flight revenue, the same holds true, but we make so much money it really doesn't matter.