Network World play

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

antonio1
Ticket Agent

Network World play

Post by antonio1 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:02 pm

The site is nice and interesting but still needs features to gather more people in this community.
First of all let's correct the world map plan to see current flights on personal map not google map, a world map property of fsairlines.
Second idea is to have an application as extension to FSX to see each others online, with tower control and pilots. When we are in network play lots of improves could come beside growing the community, passengers transportation at different cost depending on urgency, also cargo transport with different cost as urgency.
Lets give more live to this community, if I could help I'll be glad to do it.

BR,

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Network World play

Post by joefremont » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:09 pm

Couple issues being suggested.
First of all let's correct the world map plan to see current flights on personal map not google map, a world map property of fsairlines.
Are you suggesting we write our own map system rather than use googles? Thats a lot of work, especially getting all the satellite data,
Second idea is to have an application as extension to FSX to see each others online, with tower control and pilots. When we are in network play lots of improves could come beside growing the community
First wrench in the works for this is that FSX is only about 7% of our users now, MSFS is 65%, but control tower experience is a bit beyond our scope, which is really more on the economics side rather than a multi player interactions.
passengers transportation at different cost depending on urgency, also cargo transport with different cost as urgency.
Always have to be careful here and balance complexity against playability. Right now for cargo we have normal (6 days for full payment) and priority (3 days for full payment) But some ideas
  • Very high priority (1 day for full). But to be honest most pilots just book a flight, take the available cargo and go, would this add much?
  • Charter flights? Its been in the back of my mind for some time, a number of pax (1-100) wanting to go from A to B at a certain comfort level, its just really complex and may require more compute power to manage
  • Air Drop cargo? Also been in the back of my mind for some time, cargo you would fly from an airport to a specific lat/lon/alt coordinates and would then be released. Think of parachute school or relief supplies (fire fighting), also been in the back of my mind for some time, but not sure how much interest there would be
Next big feature on my list is automated pilots, not sure what would be up after than.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Zissiz Zekapten
Ticket Agent

Re: Network World play

Post by Zissiz Zekapten » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:23 pm

antonio1 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:02 pm
Second idea is to have an application as extension to FSX to see each others online, with tower control and pilots. When we are in network play lots of improves could come beside growing the community, passengers transportation at different cost depending on urgency, also cargo transport with different cost as urgency.

IVAO and VATSIM already exist to have tower control and more. And they both do it good and freely. There's absolutly no space for a third network (POSCON is struggling despite its initial big amount of money for launch). Moreover, you can be on IVAO/VATSIM and FSCharter in the same time as I do on a regular basis. Best of both worlds !